Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Organisation: Uganda Energy Credit Capitalisation Company (UECCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager, at UECCC
Uganda Energy Credit Capitalisation Company (UECCC) is a Government of Uganda Company in place to facilitate investments in Uganda’s Renewable Energy Sector. The UECCC’s main objective is to provide financial, technical and other support for renewable energy development in Uganda with particular focus on enabling private sector participation.
The Project Implementation Unit (PIU) at UECCC will be established as part of the UECCC Organogram to implement the financial intermediation component for increasing energy access through stand-alone solar technologies, financing of internal wiring of premises, promotion of efficient appliances for productive uses, and clean cooking solutions nationwide (at households and institutional level), including in refugees hosting districts. The UECCC will also support electrification of public institutions, including public schools, public health centres, public water supply systems and so on, through stand-alone solar technologies.
Job Summary: The Marketing Specialist will support the Project Manager and four Program Managers in the UECCC PIU to develop and execute effective marketing strategies to promote the uptake of the financing programs under the EASP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Specialist will be dedicated to the implementation of the EASP project, and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop marketing strategies for the various financing programs in close liaison with the EASP project team.
- Prepare work plans and budgets for marketing activities and manage the preparation and publication of promotional materials.
- Work closely with the various Program teams to implement the approved Marketing Strategies in support of project implementation and achievement of set targets.
- Conduct market surveys, analyse trends and monitor competing or similar financing programs for renewable energy and propose innovative marketing initiatives to increase the uptake of the EASP’s financing facilities.
- Periodically evaluate the effectiveness of all marketing activities and make appropriate recommendations for consideration by UECCC Management.
- Prepare quarterly and annual progress reports regarding the marketing activities undertaken and their impact in terms of project targets, highlight the challenges faced and measures to address them, and indicate the planned marketing activities for the subsequent period.
- Initiate engagement and manage externally sourced marketing consultancies by, among others, preparing terms of reference and ensuring that marketing activities are carried out in accordance with the contractual requirements
- Liaise closely with the MEMD PCU, MEMD PIU, other GOU agencies and hired consultants/ firms engaged to execute marketing programs under the EASP and, to the extent possible, ensure synergy and consistency in the planning and implementation of marketing activities
- Liaise with other key stakeholders on a continuous basis to obtain and/or share relevant information for effective delivery of the EASP objectives
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager, PIU at UECCC, provided these duties contribute to achieving the development objectives of the EASP project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold an Honours degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or a related field from a recognised university
- Master’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field from a recognized university will be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in planning, design, implementation, and coordination of marketing initiative with reputable organisations
- Demonstrable experience in the energy sector and/or experience working with Government on energy projects financed by Development Financial Institutions such as the World Bank, AfDB, AFD, KfW, etc. will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams within and outside the organisation at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Must be self-driven with ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and deliver amidst tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated individual, with the ability to think innovatively.
- Knowledge of known marketing and communication software tools and packages for html, web-editing, web design, WordPress, Graphic design and digital media.
How to Apply:
All candidates should fill the online application form at the link below.
Deadline: 8th September 2022
- Each individual may only apply for a maximum of two (2) positions.
- Any candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process shall be immediately disqualified.
- All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division, KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081.