Medical Director And Deputy CEO
[ Type: FULL_TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services
Deadline of this Job:
8th May, 2019, 5:00pm
Kisubi, Within Uganda , Entebbe , East Africa , 00256 , UG
Date Posted: 22nd April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed, Currency: UGX , Value: 4500000 , Minimum: 3150000 , Maximum: 13500000 , Period: MONTH
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CoRSU) is a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children as well as adults with disability. CoRSU wishes to recruit a dynamic professional to join its team as the MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY CEO.
Position: MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY CEO (1):
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Supervises: Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, Anaesthesia and Nursing. S/he shall supervise other units such as Laboratory, X-Ray, Pharmacy, Nutrition, the Paediatrician and the VVF project.
The Medical Director and Deputy CEO is responsible for managing the medical directorate to make sure that all patients requiring treatment at CoRSU are seen promptly and treated appropriately with the best evidence-based care available. Assisting development of the strategic vision for the hospital, quality assurance and implementing high standards and a definitive action plan to help all the medical departments achieve their goals. Assuming responsibility of budgeting and resourcing, planning and overseeing all patient care and/or administrative operations and programs.
Essentially, the function consists of developing, approving, and updating the general and medical institutional policy, protocols, and procedures. S/he will also deputize the CEO and act on his behalf whenever the CEO is not available or is unable to attend to CoRSU duties on site or offsite.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Strategic Leadership: As a member of the Senior Management Team, participates in the development and implementation of the strategic plan for CoRSU.
Operational Management: Coordinates the day to day working of the medical operations of the Hospital, ensuring efficient patient fl ow and cost-effective services and high-quality care. Financial Management: Monitors expenditure and income against the annual budget for the medical directorate, and take appropriate action where necessary.
Quality Assurance: Ensure the provision of high standards of evidence-based patient care and professional best-practice. People Management & Development: Manage the Medical team in a manner that will motivate them to achieve high standards of patient care and technical excellence.
Medical Practice: Carry out clinical responsibilities, dependent on the specialization of the MD.
Deputizing role: Carry out other duties as requested by the CEO
• MB ChB or equivalent qualification from a recognised university or college of medicine
• A post graduate specialist qualifi cation in general surgery, orthopaedics, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Internal Medicine, OBS/GYN, Peadiatrics, Anasthesia or any other equivalent medical discipline with current registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Council or equivalent such body.
• MBA, MPA or equivalent management qualification. A relevant sub specialisation is an added advantage.
• Job related experience and knowledge:
• Previous management role in a health or medical establishment of at least 2 or more years.
• Clinical expertise in a specialist unit or establishment Previous exposure to writing and management of grants.
• Human resource and Financial Management expertise including management of the budget process. Clear understanding of legal and compliance issues of an NGO hospital.
Key skills and Attributes:
• Professional and report writing skills.
• Presentation skills using PowerPoint and other packages.
• Ability to read, understand and interprete basic financial information generated by the Finance Department.
• People management skills including mentoring, coaching, communication, appraisal and giving feedback.
• Basic understanding of research methods
• Donor relations.
• Ability to understand and apply the legal, ethical and compliance regulatory framework for NGOs and hospitals.
Job Education Requirements: Degree and Masters
Job Experience Requirements: Several Years
Job application procedure
• Applications (detailed CV, covering letter plus relevant copies of academic qualifications) should be submitted to The Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to email@example.com .
• Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
• The closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday 8th May, 2019, 5:00pm.
• Capable Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) and any qualified CoRSU employees are encouraged to apply.