Job Title: MER Officer – LEGO PlayMatters (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Plan International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: MERL Coordinator
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances
children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
Job Summary: MER Officer will Support in the research, monitoring, evaluation, documentation and learning components of the project in Yumbe district. He/she support the MERL Coordinator in building the capacity of Plan International and partner staff in documenting replicable models that enhance learning. She/he will support in the development of the project M&E tools, checklists including supporting the project team to produce quality reports. S/he will take support in documentation of project progress and change realized through routine monitoring, collection of most significant change stories on project implementation following established guidelines, as well as ensuring quality assurance of project data in the location of Yumbe and Terego
MER Officer will support in ensuring that effective Performance monitoring and evaluation Plans are in place in Yumbe and Terego, implemented as intended, and reporting in a comprehensive and timely manner to facilitate project team deliver the project and achieve the desired objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical M&E guidance
- Update and Implement project monitoring tools as per project M&E plan and ensure use of appropriate tools in collection, compilation, analysis and utilization within Yumbe and Terego to ensure consistency
- Support the development and rollout of project targets and standards to ensure delivery of quality outputs.
- Developing and maintaining of the project M&E database for Yumbe and Terego
Project planning and Implementation
- Participate in and Support the development of project outlines including key M&E activities
- Support project team and partners to develop Detailed Implementation Plans in line with the proposal
- Consolidate, track and share on a quarterly basis the Project’s Detailed Implementation Plan to ensure timely implementation of project activities in the locations of Yumbe and Terego
- Project M&E, documentation, reporting and learning
- Conduct monthly field support visits in the project Intervention districts (Yumbe and Terego)
- Support project team with documentation of project activities through consolidation of monthly monitoring reports.
- Consolidate, track and share on a monthly basis action points agreed upon in all project meetings including review meetings.
- Regularly track project progress and update the project logs in the online system to enhance efficient and effective implementation.
- Quarterly Consolidate, follow up and document best practices, case studies, lessons learnt, Most Significant Change Stories and reflection of the project to provide evidence on project impact including inclusiveness.
- Monitor and consolidate project implementation findings against approved work plans and budgets to ensure timely and quality implementation as per contractual obligation
- Provide strategic support in the project’s research, project evaluations, organisational learning and documentation initiatives within the project
- Maintain and update project M&E database to ensure timely and quality data for evidence-based decision making and learning
Plan system support to ensure compliance
- Ensure Plan International and donor standards such as safeguarding children and young peoples’ policy, research protocols, knowledge management and MER standards and Guidelines are adhered to in the project.
- Support to ensure that the entire project’s programming mainstream Gender, Disaster Risk Reduction and Child Protection.
- Support the project team to ensure that the registered project risks are regularly mitigated, tracked and updated as required.
- In consultation and agreement, perform any other functions as may be deemed appropriate by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Social Sciences, Social Work, Development Studies or a related field. Additional training at Post-Graduate level in Monitoring and Evaluation, project planning and management or a related field is an asset.
- At least 2 years of experience in providing M&E for Education projects in a humanitarian context.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing, donor compliance and budget management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from diverse cultures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Familiar with West Nile Region and able to work in teams
- Skills in Research methodology
- Analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building, mentoring and coaching staff.
- Proven computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Power point presentation, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail and web based research
- Ability to work in hard to reach hard to stay areas and familiar with programming for vulnerable children especially young girls and boys.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants apply online at the link below
Deadline: 8th July 2022