Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (MEAL) Supervisor
Organisation: Handicap International
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Handicap International is outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Job Summary: The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (MEAL) Supervisor is responsible for the technically sound development and implementation of the MEAL strategy and methodological approach of the response to the refugee crisis, in Arua, West Nile, Uganda. The MEAL Supervisor will support the Handicap International Arua project teams in enhancing projects’ accountability by implementing the MEAL strategy for each project/specific technical sector, according to Handicap International MEAL frameworks, project monitoring plans, and common outcome indicators, and in line with Handicap International Project Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the MEAL framework for HI’s intervention in Rhino camp;
- The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (MEAL) Supervisor will also contribute to the development of MEAL systems and processes, by implementing the MEAL framework and procedures in close collaboration with the Field Coordinator.
- The incumbent will support the project teams within the development of the project management tools (PM Box, beneficiary pack, mapping of actors and services, beneficiary database, referral database) and activities planning in close collaboration with the project managers (MHPSS and protection, livelihood and resilience) and their team
- Tasked with monitoring activities in relation to expected targets and objective;
- Ensure a good communication and collaboration with operational teams towards a sound monitoring of the projects under implementation;
- Keep track of the projects and grants monitoring and evaluation schedules and implementation of monitoring and evaluation procedures;
- Actively contribute to the monitoring of the relevancy of the interventions regarding Handicap International’s mandate, approaches and the context of intervention;
- Representation and Coordination;
- Demonstration of an ethics, safe, secure and professional practices;
- Participating in the weekly team meetings;
- Ensure the strict application of the rules;
- Report any incident in which s/he’s involved/witnessed immediately;
- Perform any other tasks deemed necessary by the line manager;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Handicap International (HI) Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (MEAL) Supervisor job opportunity must possess an academic background within the fields of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, Humanitarian Assistance, Social Sciences or related;
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in an NGO position
- Previous exposure and experience in project cycle management.
- Extensive knowledge of protection risks and proven capacity of mainstreaming protection and inclusion into the operations;
- Capacity building and coaching skills.
- Proven representation experience;
- Ability to work under high pressure;
- Good coordination skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Languages: Spoken and written English. Proficiency local languages is an asset (Arua)
- Computer Skills: Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel) and internet
NB: Local residents from Arua are particularly encouraged to Apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join Handicap International are encouraged to send their updated CVs (3 pages max, including three professional references) with cover letters to HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “HI MEAL supervisor Arua.”
Deadline: 10th September 2017 (due to the urgency of the situation, Handicap International reserves the right to fill this position before the end of the closing date).
NB: Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.