Job Title: Officer Cyber Intelligence (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Officer Cyber Intelligence
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) is a statutory body established under the Communications Act 2013 to regulate Telecommunications, Broadcasting and Postal sub-sectors. In carrying out its mandate and mission of driving the development of a robust communications sector in the country.
Job Summary: The Officer Cyber Intelligence will support all investigations, operations and management of the cyber intelligence unit / electronic content monitoring unit
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather, synthesize, and analyze open-source intelligence information in support of investigations related to cybercrime
- Create intelligence and investigative reports that represent the steps taken, the data sources reviewed and the conclusions drawn from the evaluation of the open source information.
- Track and respond to all Requests for Information (RFI) from other departments, and law enforcement agencies
- Test, evaluate and validate potential open source technologies for operational use
- Monitor risk across the widest range of data sources within the open, deep and dark web to protect UCC infrastructure, brand and reputation
- Regularly produce Intelligence Reports, providing detailed analysis on social media platforms, including relevant industry, political and geopolitical variables.
- To support the Computer Emergency Response Team unit processes and activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related IT, IS, or Computing, communication fields;
- Professional certification in any related field such as ICT security, CISSP/ GCIA/ GCFA/ CHFI/CEH/ CISA/ CISM is required
- Certifications in data visualization, mining and analytics is an added advantage
- Two to three years of professional experience in carrying out online investigations, /data analytics, statistical analysis, information security, predictive modeling, or segmentation experience setting.
- Experience in online investigations across different social media platforms using proprietary and open source tools
- Experience with Security information and event management systems (SEIM) or logging technologies like Splunk, Logstash, etc.
- Experience in data visualization and analytical tools.
- Ability to understand business/technical requirements for analysis/reporting purposes, interpret data and generate reports with clear actionable recommendations
- Highly organized with ability to manage time, priorities and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong partnership and collaboration skills; must have experience influencing cross-functional leaders at varying levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should complete the online application form and upload their CV, cover letter and relevant certificates at the link below. The CV must include 3 referees including their email address and telephone number.
Deadline: 24th March 2023
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. UCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.