Job Title: Officer Industry Intelligence
Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) is a statutory body established under the Communications Act 2013 to regulate Telecommunications, Broadcasting and Postal sub-sectors. In carrying out its mandate and mission of driving the development of a robust communications sector in the country.
Job Summary: The Officer Industry Intelligence will provide support to the Economic Regulation Unit in ongoing market inquiries, assessments, and scoping reviews as well as maintain up-to-date inventories of key sector performance indicators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To collect and track data on key market indicators for sector performance tracking and opportunity/threat identification.
- To maintain up-to-date inventories/databases of key sector monitoring/performance indicators.
- To provide analytical support in emerging policy and regulatory inquiries, assessments, and specialized studies.
- Prepare responses to market performance inquiries by development partners, government, and sector associations.
- Provide information notes and white papers to the Commission on emerging sector trends, threats, and opportunities.
- Any other duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or a closely related field
- At least three (3) years of experience in Data management, Econometric & Policy Analysis or related field in a similar corporate setting
- Data visualization
- Economic and policy Analysis
- Market and Industry Analysis
- Database Management
- Strong interpersonal
- Communication skills
- Initiative and innovation
How to Apply:
All candidates should complete the online application form and upload their CV, cover letter and relevant certificates at the link below. The CV must include 3 referees including their email address and telephone number.
Deadline: 11th November 2022 at 5:00pm.