Job Title: Business Executive -Digital (Several Online Job Placements)
Organization: Monitor Publications Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Monitor Publications Limited, a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory. Monitor Digital is the online section of Monitor Publications that includes websites, social media, mobile APPs and SMS communication channels.
Job Summary: The Business Executives -Digital will support Monitor Digital through growing online advertising sales volumes in order to generate revenue and achieve their business targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aggressively grow advertising business by conducting regular sales pitches to potential and existing clients.
- Coordinate the design and upload of client’s banners and other advertising material for approval within the set deadlines
- Collect dues on ail advertising space sold on credit with in the approved timelines
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the representatives of major advertisers and follow- up to resolve issues to the satisfaction of the customers.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly prospects of potential clients
- File weekly reports with the Commercial Manager – Digital on weekly activities and itineraries. Provide monthly sales and collection reports to the Commercial Manager – Digital.
- Process all customer complaints and give feedback to ensure customer satisfaction and growth of Monitor Digital client portfolio.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Business Executives -Digital vacancies should hold relevant Bachelor’s degrees and/or a Diploma in a business- related course or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of two years’ working experience as a sales person selling services
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of SAS (Software as a Service), internet, insurance and advertising sales.
- Detailed understanding of the digital space in Uganda
- Excellent computing skills.
- Working knowledge of social media and other digital applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate for results and numbers driven
- Impeccable integrity
- Excellent proposal writing skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who are suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their applications, detailed CVs and copies of academic documents with a daytime telephone number to:
The Head of Human Resource, Monitor Publications Ltd.,
P.O. Box 12141,
Or via E-mail to: email@example.com
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 3rd July 2015