Job Title: Payroll and Management Accountant
Organisation: Population Services International (PSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Analyst
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
Job Summary: We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the role of Payroll and Management Accountant. The position will prepare accurate and timely management accounts, monthly performance financial reviews, donor reports, and payroll management in accordance with PSI-Uganda & VIYA’s objectives and financial guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Monthly Performance Financial Review reports for PSI/Uganda & VIYA projects, in accordance with PSI U/Minimum standards, for discussion with program managers and stakeholders, and provide a summary for decision-making purposes.
- Conduct transaction reviews for PSI-Uganda Projects to ensure compliance with allocability, allowability, and reasonableness standards, and identify and report any exceptions for corrective action.
- Generate and maintain regular management accounts for strategic decision-making by utilizing financial information (such as cost per CYP, expenditure trends, sales trends, standard costs per unit/activity, shared costs allocations, etc.), and preparing monthly strategic financial information (Finance Pointer) in a timely manner in accordance with the PSI-Uganda minimum standards
- Generate accurate monthly financial reports for PSI-Uganda and its donors and communicate effectively with donors regarding financial reviews and any deviations from established policies in accordance with PSI and donor financial policies.
- Assist in creating donor budgets and managing realignments for proposals in accordance with donor requirements and PSI financial policies.
- Represent PSI-Uganda finance at donor meetings, as required, to provide financial insights and support decision-making.
- Prepare and oversee accurate and timely monthly payroll for VIYA and PSI-Uganda using the Human Resource Information System, ensuring compliance with tax laws, financial guidelines, and remuneration policies, and conduct a monthly review of staff timesheets for proper authorization and time recording according to PSI Uganda and VIYA policies.
- Generate monthly payroll deduction schedules (PAYE, NSSF, Retirement Fund, SACCO, Local Service Tax) and remit to the respective statutory bodies in a timely, complete, and accurate manner, while ensuring monthly accruals for Performance-Based Pay, Severance, and Leave are in compliance with PSI Uganda/VIYA Fringe Benefits Policies
- Generate and distribute monthly staff pay slips in compliance with the PSI Uganda and VIYA remuneration policies and Status Act.
- Perform any other reasonable duty as assigned by the Financial Analyst.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting or Business Administration or commerce
- Full/Partial CPA/ ACCA/ CIMA Professional Completion is an added advantage
- At least three years of accounting experience
- Experience working with Accounting/Finance software e.g., QBE, Lawson, etc.
- Previous experience working with a donor-funded NGO is preferred.
The Candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: Evidence, research. metrics and evaluation inform our choices
- Pragmatism: We strive for excellence, but useful and timely are better than perfect
- Honesty: We act with integrity, share what we achieve, and admit when we fail
- Collaboration: Active partnering drives impact
- Trust: We have confidence in our people to make good decisions
- Commitment: We build local capacity and programs that last.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job title in the subject of the email.
Inclusion of your salary expectation in your cover letter is a key requirement.
Submission of certified academic papers is compulsory.
Deadline: 16th February 2023 by 5.00pm (1700H)