Job Title: Temporary Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Population Services International (PSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Head – Strategic Information And Learning
We are Population Services International (PSI) Uganda, a branch office of the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from TRUST condoms, mama-kits, contraceptives, and water purification products among others. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Job Summary: We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the role of Temporary Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support the implementation of the Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Plan for all PSIU projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Roll-out M&E related initiatives e.g. digital platforms for all self-care interventions, data systems, tools, templates, procedures, and guides in line with data needs and track compliance in the use of data collection and reporting tools by staff and partners.
- Update internal & external databases, and generate analytics to facilitate routine data to decision making for program improvement at all levels
- Generate all the necessary data and information required for the development of internal and external program performance progress reports.
- Conduct routine support supervision and data quality assurance visits across supported sites & partners to ensure accurate reporting of DMPA-SC Self Injection (SI).
- Engage districts to support the rollout of new HMIS reporting tools and Data Quality Assurance guidelines that initiate SI reporting through the National reporting mechanism.
- Train and build the capacity of health providers in public and private health facilities and Interpersonal Communication (IPC) agents on; DMPA-SC/SI documentation & Reporting, Learning, Adaption, and Knowledge Management.
- Implement focused in-depth program improvement visits to generate insights, lessons learned and best practices that facilitate SI expansion monitoring.
- Conduct routine critical reflection and learning (e.g. After-Action Reviews) at all levels using multiple sources of information and develop and monitor adaptation mechanisms.
- Participate in the coordination of any research for subcontracted firms, as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in Social Sciences, Population Studies, Social work, Economics or Statistics from a recognized university. Additional training in M&E is an added advantage.
- At least two years of progressive experience in monitoring and evaluation, of donor-funded programs, preferably in the health sector
- Experience in implementation of collaborative Learning and Adaptation
- Demonstrates practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods of data collection and data analysis
- Experience interacting with country governments, donor agencies, research organizations, and other local and international non-profit agencies.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with local government structures and international project management team to effectively oversee project implementation and work harmoniously as a team member.
- Experience in the use of Spreadsheet computer applications and statistical software packages.
- Strong skills in programming, customization of digital systems e.g. rollout of DHIS2, GIS, ODK and other mobile applications
- Must have excellent coordination skills with diverse team players
- Ability to analyze a variety of information and act consciously.
- Ability to organize, interpret and present it in meaningful oral or written form for varied audiences and provide solid analysis leading to sound decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills and a high degree of computer literacy are preferred.
- Results-Focused, Drive Change / Foster Innovation, Customer Service Orientation and Develop
- Ability to communicate clearly and with confidence
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: Evidence, research. metrics and evaluation inform our choices
- Pragmatism: We strive for excellence, but useful and timely are better than perfect
- Honesty: We act with integrity, share what we achieve, and admit when we fail
- Collaboration: Active partnering drives impact
- Trust: We have confidence in our people to make good decisions
- Commitment: We build local capacity and programs that last.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to email@example.com indicating the Job title in the subject of the email.
Inclusion of your salary expectation in your cover letter is a key requirement.
Submission of certified academic papers is compulsory.
Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please note PSI Uganda does not solicit funds during any recruitment process.
Deadline: 23rd June 2022