The Scholarship was established by the Law School and the Cameron family through contributions from the friends and colleagues of the late Peter Cameron to promote further study in Law at the completion of a Bachelor of Laws or a Juris Doctor.
Conditions of Award: The scholarship shall be awarded under the following conditions:
1. The value of the scholarship will be $34,000, payable as a one-off payment.
2. The scholarship shall be awarded by the Faculty of Law, on the recommendation of a selection committee constituted by the Dean.
3. The scholarship shall be awarded to enable a Law student, graduand/graduate to undertake a Bachelor Civil Law, or an equivalent Law degree as determined by the Dean, at the University of Oxford.
4. The tenure of the scholarship is one year. Payment is conditional on acceptance into the Bachelor of Civil Law degree program. The student may be required to re-pay the scholarship if they withdraw from the degree before completion.
5. The scholarship shall be open to currently enrolled Law students who have completed 4 semesters of law study, Law graduands and Law graduates who are not of more than three years’ standing from the date of their graduation in the Faculty of Law at the close of applications.
6. Applicants must be Australian citizens or have permanent resident status.
7. Criteria for selection will be academic performance in the Bachelor of Laws or the Juris Doctor, leadership and community service.
Application Form (pdf)
Applications Close: 24 January 2014.
Find more details about this scholarship