Undergraduate Scholarships: Up to 100 of these Scholarships will be offered in 2014 to high achieving, academically meritorious, international students, inviting them to enjoy the Sydney experience at one of the finest institutions of higher education in the world.
The University of Sydney takes great pleasure in announcing the Sydney Achievers International Scholarships for new international students commencing at the University in 2014.
Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- AUD$10,000 each per annum, available for the CRICOS registered duration of a recipient’s program of study, for any Undergraduate program offered at the University of Sydney (subject to the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress each year).
- No living allowance is payable.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification or an international senior secondary qualification accepted by the University with outstanding results, as deemed by the University of Sydney.
- Students completing Foundation Studies Programs offered by Australian or New Zealand universities are eligible.
- Students who have already commenced/completed tertiary studies, or students transferring with credit exemptions and/or advanced standing, are not eligible.
For further information on equivalents to Australian Year 12 qualifications and a table showing standard academic requirements for some of these examinations relative to ATAR scores see:
Undergraduate entry requirements
Further details can be found at http://sydney.edu.au/scholarships
To esquire about this scholarship: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be considered for the Sydney Achievers International Scholarship, a candidate must receive a Firm Offer of Admission. Applicants receiving a Firm Offer of Admission for Semester Two 2014 will be invited to lodge an Expression of Interest from May 2014. The closing date for the EOI form is Friday 13th June (except for CET and Foundation Programmes applicants).
- Successful candidates will be notified by email in June and July.
- Applications for Admission to Semester Two 2014 are now open. To apply, visit our FIND A COURSE website.
- Selection will be based strictly on academic merit as per the University’s admission requirements.
- Selection will be based on actual results (academic and English language proficiency). Predicted/forecast results will not be considered.
- Only applicants with firm, unconditional offers of admission will be considered.
- Selection will be made by the International Office, whose decision will be final. No appeals will be entertained.
- Scholarship recipients will need to maintain satisfactory academic progress, which, for the purposes of retaining the Scholarship, is defined as maintaining a credit average (at least 65%) or more each year. Failure to do so may result in the Scholarship being terminated.
- Successful candidates:
- must not be in receipt of any other tuition scholarship or sponsorship;
- must commence study in 2014 – commencement may not be deferred to a later year;
- will be required to pay for their own airfares to Sydney, living expenses, study materials, text books, any ancillary fees (if applicable) and Overseas Student Health Cover each year;
- are also responsible for paying the balance of the tuition fees each year;
- are required to enroll as full-time international students and must maintain their international student status on a full-time basis throughout their enrollment at the University of Sydney; and
- may not be entitled to a ‘Leave of Absence’ during the duration of the Scholarship, unless it is due to extenuating circumstances.
For more details on how to apply for the postgraduate scholarships