Job Title: Procurement Assistant (Vendor Management)
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant (Vendor Management) will mainly handle vendor management but may be indirectly involved in other procurement processes.
Vendor Management is vital to the integrity of our procurement processes. Currently both food and non-food vendor databases need continuous update. In addition, registered but non-responsive vendors need to be re-vetted or re-categorised based on their performance. This will be the major role of the Procurement Assistant
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with maintaining the roster of potential Suppliers ensuring that all supplier records are updated on an annual basis:
- Registration of new suppliers for food and non-food items:
- Make follow-ups with the vendors who have not responded where necessary. Maintain response matrices for major categories of vendors – this will inform the annual review and approval of the database;
- Receive vendor registration documents and carry out the initial screening against the preset criteria. Follow up on missing documentation; carry out random inspection visits to confirm information availed;
- Ensure a coherent filing system for vendor documents is in place (for both food and non-food);
- Maintain a usable and accessible database for all categories of vendors;
- Give feedback to vendors who come in/call in to inquire on the progress of the registration process;
- Carry out visits to vendors (where necessary);
- Prepare communication to vendors regarding which categories they have been successfully registered to (Note: There are many vendors who apply for various categories and may not be registered for all that they applied for);
- Follow up to ensure that vendors are registered in INTEND;
- Facilitate the registration of vendors in WINGS when necessary;
- Compile reports on registered vendors for presentation to the Vendor Management Committee and follow up on the minutes thereafter;
- Any other relevant duties as may be necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Procurement Assistant (Vendor Management) job placement should a University degree in in any of the following disciplines: Records Management, Archiving, Data Management, Business Studies, Economics or any other related field OR a Diploma with additional years of practical experience;
- At least two years OF work experience in procurement, logistics or supply chain;
- Good interpersonal skills and high level of organisation;
- Experience in Vendor management
- Qualifications in MS Computer Applications such as Word, Excel, Access etc
- Prior experience of working on procurement activities.
- Experience conducting analyses and developing reports.
- Experience working with suppliers or other third party on day to day basis.
- Tendering and Contracting: Displays basic understanding of processes to support the contracting/tendering implementation at WFP by collecting necessary information.
- Vendor Management: Leverages basic understanding of business needs to define vendor requirements and selection criteria.
- Commodity and Product/Service Intelligence: Appropriately handles products/services based on an understanding of sources, technologies, properties, and public procurement principles/practices.
- Systems & Reporting: Utilizes basic understanding of data sources, procurement systems, Corporate Operating System and processes to execute daily tasks.
- Ethics and Compliance: Maintains accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards to increase ease of response to basic audit queries.
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from Uganda with Ugandan Nationality are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 22nd August 2019