Job Title: Procurement Officer – Grants
Organization: World Vision International
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer – Grants will provide Support world Vision Uganda budget management through acquisition of quality goods and services in a timely manner at the lowest possible cost in accordance to Supply Chain Management policy and other guidelines to promote child well-being aspirations in line with Our Promise 2030.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in project procurement planning processes in line with the budgets for approval and implementation
- Undertake acquisition processes of goods and services in conformity with the existing policies for the benefit of the users, children and their communities
- Conduct strategic sourcing with negotiated pre priced framework contracts for goods and services in accordance to the set goals
- Upload all contracts into ProVision and conduction all procurements in ProVision.
- Provide capacity building ProVision users.
- To develop, manage Supplier data base and suppliers relationships. Perform Supplier development and conduct annual vendor audit.
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of timely, accurate and relevant Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Procurement Officer – Grants job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in procurement or CIPs. Or equivalent work experience.
- Five years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- Three years of relevant Supply Chain work experience
- Capacity building/Facilitation skills
- Analytical skills
- Customer care skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 15th October 2019