Job Title: Programme Officer- Ending Violence Against Women and Girls
Organization: UN WOMEN
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Specialist Ending Violence Against Women and Girls
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer- Ending Violence Against Women and Girls provides support to formulation, management and effective implementation of UN WOMEN’s EVAWG programmes. The incumbent provides technical expertise on gender equality and women’s empowerment with a holistic approach to address opportunities and challenges related to ending Violence Against Women and Girls in Uganda. The Programme Officer supports analysis of political, social and economic trends and provides advisory services to implementing partners in government, CSOs and academia; she/he works closely with UN Women thematic Programme Officers ensuring successful implementation of the UN Women Uganda Strategic Framework 2016 -2020, under his/her portfolio. The Programme Officer supports monitoring of implementation of activities and finances using the results-based management tools, participates in field missions and write reports on monitoring missions; assists in preparation of quarterly reports and donor reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of ending Violence Against Women and Girls.
- Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives related to ending Violence Against Women and Girls;
- Provide inputs to annual workplan and budget as required.
Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the ending Violence Against Women and Girls programme.
- Support monitoring and measurement of project progress and tracking the delivery of funds and prepare project reports as required;
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners:
- Provide technical support to the implementation of programme activities with partners;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed;
- Assist in organizing quarterly programme review meetings with all EVAWG partners.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project.
- Monitor progress on programme activity, results and indicators;
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners;
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs and outcomes;
- Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required;
- Provide inputs to financial reports.
Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
- Collect, analyze, organize and or present information/data/background/briefing materials as required by the EVAW team;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of public information, documents, guidelines, briefing packs, speeches and position papers and prepare power-points and other presentations in collaboration with the Programme Specialist;
- Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination on ending Violence Against Women and Girls to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in Uganda.
- Provide technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs.
Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts.
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to ending Violence Against Women and Girls;
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities, campaigns and events, trainings, workshops including the 16 Days on EVAWG, IWD (International Women’s Day);
- Provide administrative support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the Programme;
- Support development, technical review, editing and dissemination of internal and external communication materials;
- Support in analysis of trends, documentation and synthesis of lessons learned and best practices for dissemination;
- Participate in EVAW/G community of practice;
- Organize, compile and process information related to donors, partners, programme team as inputs to various data bases and documents;
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on ending Violence Against Women and Girls.
Provide administrative support to the EVAW portfolio.
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated;
- Support the systematic collection and update information and related on-going or planned bilateral, multilateral and non-governmental programs;
- Ensure up-to-date programme files for audit of programmes/ projects and tracking of programme delivery;
- Perform all procurement required functions;
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality inputs to programme design;
- Timely and quality inputs to workplans and budgets;
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
- Timely organization of events;
- Timely submission of reports;
- Number of knowledge products developed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN WOMEN Programme Officer- Ending Violence Against Women and Girls job opportunity should hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, or a related field
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying;
- Experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Five years of relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the programming on EVAWG is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience in communication and advocacy on gender and women’s rights.
- Language: Fluency in English is required; Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset; Knowledge of Luo, Ngakarimojong or Luganda is an asset.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of ending violence against women and girls.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the United Nations WOMEN in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent Click Apply Now.
Deadline: 14th August 2018