Job Title: Project Assistant (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Riamiriam civil society network- Karamoja
Duty Station: Uganda
Riamiriam civil society network- Karamoja is non governmental organization which was established in 2003. The Organization is registered with national NGO board with the registration number (S. 5914/5127).
Job Summary: To provide technical support to Riamiriam programmes and APOLOU related activities by monitoring social service delivery and supporting information and data collection on performance indicators for advocacy, facilitating civil society in the promotion of community driven empowerment, enhancing inclusive and effective governance geared towards improved food and nutrition security.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and coordinate interface meetings between Civil Society and Local governments, right holders and duty bearers
- Regular Data collection and analysis on social services in Karamoja and use this data for advocacy
- Contribute to the prevention and transformation of land conflicts towards participatory land management in the region
- Assist in identifying the needs of relevant stakeholders for the non-violent transformation of land conflicts, SGBV in Karamoja sub region and develop strategies on how to address these needs.
- Support Resilience action committees (RACs) and other informal structure in conceptualizing, planning, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities.
- Provide capacity building support to Member organizations and community members (including facilitating trainings in areas on advocacy, Civic and Human Rights education, governance e.t.c)
- Represent Riamiriam in other meetings as may be assigned by the Executive Director
- Maintain regular contact at community, sub-county and district levels for information flow and Exchange
- Assist the community facilitators, RACs to develop detailed program work plans, including activity descriptions and timetables and manage the implementation of these activities so as to ensure the program’s activities and outputs are executed on time and to adequate quality standards
- Assist in tracking the project’s progress and make changes to the activity plans where appropriate, providing in each case a full justification of these changes to the Supervisor
- Ensure good relations are maintained at all times with the APOLOU project beneficiaries
- Organize and undertake project reviews, assessments and baseline surveys
- Prepare activity, monthly and quarterly narrative reports
- Support preparation of requisitions for appropriate project activities in line with approved work plans from time to time
- support in planning, monitoring and controlling of expenses for project activities in accordance with the prevailing provisions
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a university degree in Social Work and social administration, development studies, human rights, related field from a recognized university or institution.
- Additional relevant qualifications in the area of communication, community mobilization, peace building studies, lobby and advocacy are an added advantage.
- Experience: At least a substantive experience of 2 years preferably with NGO or humanitarian organizations
- Good facilitation skills
- Broad understanding of research and advocacy work in an NGO or any other donor funded organization.
- Computer knowledge is a must
- Knowledge in research methodologies
- Mature with sound judgment
- Ability to work in a multinational, multicultural team and to develop good working relationships even under pressure of meeting deadlines.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational, problem solving and analytical and decision -making skills
- An outgoing personality, self-confidence and enthusiasm are key personality traits for the job
- Immediate availability is a must
- Ability to work long hours with minimum supervision.
- Valid riding permit
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit detailed curriculum vitae and copies of academic/professional certificates, a motivation letter stating your salary expectation and contacts of 3 professional referees to: E-Mail: email@example.com quoting the position, you are applying for as a subject. Or Hand deliver your application and addressed it to the Executive Director Riamiriam Civil Society Network Circular road, plot no.10 P.O Box 100 Moroto, Uganda
Deadline: 22nd June 2022