Job Title: Project Assistant SBC (15 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: LWF World Service (LWF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Mukono, Wakiso, Mityana, Mpigi and Kyenjojo, Uganda
Reports To: Project Officer SBC
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Moyo, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Project Officer, the Project Assistant is the project focal point who will provide a link between the project and the target communities. He/she will work closely with the Village Health Teams (VHTs), the cluster focal points, religious and local council leaders, and health facilities, institutions and other relevant stakeholders to implement project activities in a timely and efficient manner according to the agreed work plan and Donor guidelines, play coordination role for all aspects related to project activities in the designated sub counties. In liaison with key stakeholders, the project assistant is responsible for community mobilisation for SBC initiatives and Ebola Virus Disease preparedness, prevention and response.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake the implementation of all project activities in the target communities and ensure quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established guidelines for managing the project;
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of SBC strategies/plan at sub county and parish level for purposes of increasing awareness on EVD;
- Work in close collaboration with community leaders, VHTs and relevant stakeholders, take lead in community mobilisation for SBC initiatives;
- In liaison with the project officer, develops activity concept notes for planned activities;
- Provides day-to-day coordination of project activities to ensure timely implementation;
- Organise and participate in conducting community awareness and sensitizations session through dialogues, mass sensitisation, outreaches, etc.
- Assess and facilitate capacity strengthening initiatives for the health workers, village health teams/community health workers and target community leaders involved in SBC activities;
- Responsible for proving proof of implementation of project activities through generating participants attendance list, distribution lists and activity reports after every activity implementation,
- Prepares and submits quality and timely end of activity and monthly narrative reports in standard reporting formats;
- Participate in the collection, review and reporting of data related to project activities and outputs.
- Regularly conduct follow up visits to project beneficiaries and the key stakeholders to monitor changes in the social norm and perceptions bout EVD and provide feedback on issues raised by the community from time to time.
- Represent the organization in the various meeting whenever called upon
- Participates in documentation of project results through data collection, conducting feedback sessions and documenting success stories on a month basis.
- Others: Perform any other official duties that may be assigned to, by the supervisor or his/her designate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Community Psychology, Public health, Community Health Education, Community and Development Studies, Social sciences, or any related field.
- One to two years of experience in implementing community-based initiatives with more focus on community mobilisation and capacity building, coordination with line agencies, Health and education institutions, and other development agencies;
- Working knowledge of Gender and SGBV concepts as preferred;
- Prior experience working in Health-related projects especially vaccine/immunization campaign is preferred; exhibits maturity and discretion,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to speak at least one of the local languages of the target population is a must.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications online at the link below addressed to;
LWF Uganda Office of Human Resources
Plot 1401, Ggaba Road, Nsambya
P.O Box 5827, Kampala- Uganda
Tel: +256 (0) 393 264 006/7/8
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Persons with disabilities, non-Ugandans with valid work permits and Female candidates possessing the above requirements are encouraged to apply. LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Please note, we will contact managers of the last 3 positions held for reference checks.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 20th October 2022 at 5:00pm