Job Title: Project Officer
Organisation: Publish What You Pay (PWYP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Coordinator (East and South Africa)
Publish What You Pay (PWYP) is a global membership-based Coalition of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in over forty countries across the world. PWYP works to reduce poverty, combat corruption, protect basic human rights and promote economically, socially and environmentally sustainable development through the transparent management of the oil, gas and mining (extractive) sector. PWYP engages at all stages of the extractive sector value chain to support research and promote training, learning and access to information by citizens.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will support the PWYP Regional Coordinator (East and Southern Africa) in implementing various programme activities in East and Southern Africa; and responsible for monitoring timely implementation of agreed project work plans. In addition, the role is responsible for compiling information on implementation progress and updating the PWYP Secretariat; reviewing financial reports in line with pre- agreed reporting guidelines; and participating in implementation of activities at national and regional level. This is a part time role, working three days a week, based in Kampala, Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute towards the implementation of PWYP programme activities, ensuring that the desired results, and final impact, are achieved on time and to standard.
- Support coalition activities, through the implementation of interventions / action plans for bridging financial capacity gaps that have been identified during project assessments / due diligence assessments/ quarterly reviews/ follow ups.
- Provide Administrative and logistical support to the ESA Regional Office in the management and coordination of PWYP events / activities/ including the development of dissemination of material to external / internal stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration; Public Administration
- Project Management Certification (added advantage)
- A minimum of five years of programmatic experience in the development sector with exposure to project management and project finance
- Familiarity with the regional and global extractive industry transparency movement is an added advantage
- Office administration experience including devising and managing complex processes to ensure smooth operations within an office or project environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including producing project reports and minute taking
- Fluency in English is essential (written and spoken)
- Proven organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure to a high level of accuracy
- Willingness to travel up to 70%
- Proficiency in Office Suites (Experience using Google applications an added advantage)
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 23rd August 2019 by 12:00 Noon