Vacancy title: 640 Field Interviewer
Type: FULL TIME
Category: Computer & IT
Jobs at: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS
Deadline of this Job: 24 January 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics.
The Bureau intends to conduct The Baseline Education Census (BEC) 2020. It is therefore seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated, results oriented, dynamic, team players of good character and high integrity to carry out the survey.
DIRECTORATE OF POPULATION AND SOCIAL STATISTICS
Job Title: Field Interviewer (640)
Job Ref: UBOS/BEC/FI/20
Terms of Employment: Temporary for a period of 2 months
Reporting: Field Supervisor .
Key Duties and Responsibility
• Administer the respective questionnaire to all selected institutions by interviewing heads of education institutions and collecting the required information.
• Ensure that all questionnaires are filled accurately
• Edit and cross check errors in the collected data
• Write field reports and check errors in the data collected
• Responsible for all survey equipment/ materials allocated to them.
• Ensure confidentiality of the data collected.
• Submit duly completed questionnaires to the field supervisor.
• Any other duties assigned from time to time by the field supervisor in relation to work.
• Ensure Staff appraisal performance report is submitted to human resource through his/her supervisor.
Skills and other attributes
• Computer literacy
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Good inter-personal skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Leadership and team dynamics skills
• Presentation skills
• Should be physically fit and able to walk long distances
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Other Requirements
• A Minimum of a Diploma certificate from a recognized Institution and should have Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education with credit in Mathematics and English at ‘O’ level.
• Should have participated in data collection exercises for at least two to three years
• Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added
Job Education Requirements: Diploma/certificate
Job Experience Requirements: two to three years
Job application procedure
If you believe you fit the required profile, please submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS Website: www.ubos.org Not Later than close of business on the, 24th January, 2020 at 5pm. Hardcopies shall not be accepted.
All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
UGANDA BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN ALL EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ORGANISATION.
NB: Please note that staff with ongoing contracts with UBOS up to and including February 2020 are NOT eligible to apply.