Job Title: Project Technical Officer
The Government of the Republic of Uganda has received financing from The World Bank towards the cost of the Water Management & Development Project. The Government intends to apply part of the proceeds for eligible payments under consultancy services.
Job Summary: The Project Technical Officer will be offering technical support to Component 1 of Water Management and Development Project (WMDP) in order to improve implementation of project activities under the approved work plan. The Project Technical Officer will assist the Component Manager in provision of technical support to the Project Team during implementation of various activities in the respective Water Management Zones (WMZs). The
Project Technical Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the project activities are implemented professionally and in time
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support in preparation of Terms of Reference, technical specifications & requirements, review/evaluation of bids for various procurements, and project technical reports
- Maintain a technical link between Component 1 and other Components to ensure that collaboration is created during implementation of project activities.
- Offer technical support in management and supervision of component activities to ensure achievement of milestones as per agreed/ approved work plan.
- Actively coordinate regular interactions among the project team and other stakeholders with the intention to harmonize, integrate and create synergy within all parties.
- Prepare and submit regular technical reports to the Component Manager and the project team regarding status of implementation of activities as well as challenges faced and possible solutions
- Perform any other special assignments as instructed by the Component Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Agricultural Engineering, Physical Sciences, Environmental Management, or related areas and a Master’s degree in any of the following: Integrated Water Resources Management, Water Resources Management/Engineering, Environmental Management, or other relevant discipline.
- At least fifteen (15) years’ general experience in water/natural resources management and or development. He/she should have a minimum of five (5) years specific experience demonstrated in preparation and implementation of integrated development and management plans at national, catchment, sub-catchment or district levels.
- Working knowledge of the country’s water and environment sector is key.
- Good presentation skills in order to disseminate information to Government Institutions and international organisations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Should be fluent in English.
- Possess a high level of interpersonal and management skills and ability to work with teams in the organization at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Computer knowledge and skills in MS Word, MS Excel and Internet/ Email is a mandatory requirement.
NB: A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant (IC) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
How to Apply for the job:
All qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit Expression of Interest and CV with a day phone contact, address and an email address to:
The Head, Procurement and Disposal Unit – Room 128, Ministry of Water and Environment Plot 22/28 Port Bell Road, Luzira. Kampala, Uganda
NB: Please attach copies of all academic documents.
Deadline: 3rd November 3rd, 2014 by 16:00hrs Ugandan Time.