The East African Community (EAC) is the regional intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda and the Republic of Burundi with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the EDF Projects Coordinator in planning and preparation of cost estimates, budget, and financial forecasts related to the key activities and meetings/workshops in the process of developing the EAC EDF sub envelope;
- Be responsible for supporting logistics and preparing payments related to the meetings, workshops, services and processes related to the development of the EAC 11th EDF projects;
- Administer procedures and practices for funds management, expenditure control and financial reporting of budgetary funds, as well as ensuring that there are no budget overruns;
- Update and maintain proper accounting records and monthly as well as quarterly reports, including analysis of accounts to ensure availability of timely and accurate financial information;
- Render support in the process of preparation of Financial Statements for purposes of Audit;
- Prepare Financial Management reports for the EAC Secretariat for onward transmission to EU
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements;
- Offer meaningful and in-depth financial and management information for all EDF projects;
- Ensure coordinated budget execution for all EDF projects;
- Compile and submit quarterly and annual financial reports for all EDF projects;
- Production of annual report accounts for all EDF projects at EAC;
- Supporting the budgeting process for all EDF projects at EAC;
- Coordinate audits for all EDF projects at EAC; and
- One stop desk for all financial information and reports for all EDF projects at EAC.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience for the job:
- The ideal candidate for the East African Community (EAC) vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Planning, or Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognised university .
- Be a Certified Chartered Accountant in Public or Private Accounting and registered to practice by the National Accounting Body of your country;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in project management working for regional and/or international organisation;
- Demonstrated skills in budgeting;
- High organizational and planning; analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, team work and communication skills (speaking, report writing and presenting in English);
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply for the job:
All citizens of the East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda) are invited to by submitting their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees.
NB: Please quote the respective reference number on both on the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Please also Note:
You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
The complete applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of academic certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Send hard copies to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue:
P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday, 10th November 2014.