Job Title: Psychologist
Organisation: Safe places Uganda- Foundation (SPU-F)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Clinical supervisor
Safe places Uganda- Foundation (SPU-F) is a “not for profit” social enterprise founded by a group of young Ugandans of various professions with the common goal of devising means of improving the mental health of the people in Uganda and changing people’s perceptions towards Mental Health.
Job Summary: Provision of Psychological interventions for clients and implementation of the policies and programs in line with the vision of SPU
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessing the mental and emotional states of clients, and administering appropriate treatment interventions (Assess, diagnose and Manage mental disorders)Provision of professional counselling services to both in patients and out patients.
- Coordinating, supervising and evaluating counselling staff
- Implementation of the centre’s psycho education curriculum
- Implementation of the Centre’s client admission and Discharge procedures
- Maintain a good record keeping system and ensure that client files and documentation is up to date
- Organising and facilitating family progress and support meetings
- Organise weekly, monthly, quarterly meeting for psychosocial staff and management reports accordingly
- Implementing capacity building initiatives of the team through continuously professional development and mentorship.
- Ensuring the Interpretation and implementation of doctors’ recommendations
- Ensure all clients have treatment plans that are constantly reviewed to suit the individual client needs
- Constantly review client progress with your team and activate referral protocols if needed
- Establishment and maintenance of a well organised therapeutic environment with relevant therapeutic activities to facilitate recovery.
- Attending to patients respectfully in accordance with Safe places guidelines.
- Liaise with other staff at the centre and provide any necessary support in handling patients (Client responsiveness).
- Support the team in Business Development through marketing the Safe places Brand
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by senior authorities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least Two (2) Years minimum of experience in similar role in a clinical, primary health care or hospital setting
- Master’s degree in clinical psychology from a reputable institution Registration with professional bodies and practicing licence
How to Apply:
Hard copy applications should be addressed and delivered to; Mr. Wilfred Kwebiiha. 2nd Floor The Guardian Building, Plot 67A, Spring Road Bugolobi(Opposite ABSA Bank Bugolobi)
Soft copy applications and Attachments scanned as a single PDF or MS Word document can be sent to Email: email@example.com
Please include your Telephone number and email address on the application.
Documents should include; Detailed curriculum, copies of academic certificates and transcripts
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: 30th July 2022 at 5:00pm