Job Title: Relationship Manager – Trade Finance
Organisation: Cairo Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Assets & Liabilities
Cairo Bank Uganda Limited was incorporated on 11th July, 1994. The Bank was formerly known as Cairo International Bank owned by the three leading Egyptian Banks namely; Banque Du Caire, Bank Misr and National Bank of Egypt. In 2019, it became a fully owned subsidiary of Banque Du Caire (BDC). The shareholder consolidation in 2019 was on the back of expanding its presence across Africa whilst providing an entry point into the COMESA market.
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager – Trade Finance will be responsible for marketing the Bank’s products and manage customer relationships through proactive and consultative approaches with the aim of acquiring profitable new business, retaining existing business relationships and maintaining high quality portfolios geared towards realization of the Bank’s mission and vision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with the acquisition of profitable new business relationships to achieve defined sales targets with major focus on growing revenue from trade finance products to grow the market share in line the Bank’s strategic direction.
- Acquire new to bank trade finance customers to grow the trade finance customer Portfolio.
- Grow deposits as per set targets.
- Identify business opportunities within the existing portfolio and establish mechanisms of growing customer relationships with the Bank.
- Manage and mine assigned trade finance portfolio and monitor the portfolio quality.
- Review, analyze, screen, verify and confirm all the documentation submitted by the client before submission for recommendation and approval as per the credit / business process flow.
- Market all Bank products to the market in line with the Bank’s defined segments, set targets and strategic objective.
- Make daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly customer visits and call reports in a bid to monitor and grow the customer base.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean loan portfolio with no facilities being recalled.
- Prepare weekly activity reports and submit them to the Chief Business Officer (CBO).
- Grow and support the branches with the trade finance business.
- Review and maintain a comprehensive database of existing relationships / prospects and establish ways of retaining and growing the portfolios in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Recommend changes required to meet the set targets and customer expectations in line with the Bank’s policy and procedure.
- Carry out account plans and annual reviews for all customers within your respective trade finance portfolio.
- Cross selling all Bank products e.g. FX, new products etc.
- Attend all weekly business meetings and always keep time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of three years of experience preferably in the financial services industry.
- Leadership and Team building
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Creativity and passion for business development
- Relationship Management Skills
- Marketing Skills
- Good communication Skills
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates should send their application letters together with their curriculum vitae to the Head Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12th May 2023