Job Title: Security Observer
Organisation: Mukwano Industries Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics
Key Duties and Responsibilities: reporting to security supervisor, the successful candidate will;
- Safeguard goods, property and staff of the company at all times.
- Enforce security rules and procedures set by the Security in-Charge / Supervisor; and as spelt out in the General Rules and Regulations Handbook and security standard operating procedures.
- Guide and control movement of staff, visitors, and traffic within, as well in/out of the Group’s premises.
- Enter and maintain records of all visitors accessing the Group’s premises.
- Ensure employees do not engage in non-productive activities.
- Assist in crime investigations and detections at the company premises.
- Record and maintain all occurrences at the company premises as per standard operating procedures.
- Record goods/materials leaving the premise and release only as per Goods release SOP.
- Always alert higher authorities in case of any abnormality noted.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Security Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education.
- At least two years of relevant experience in a similar field is required.
- Ability to use or operate fire arms.
- Ability to use proper body mechanics while performing duties.
- Remain alert and aware of the surroundings.
- Able to think clearly during crisis or high-stress periods.
- Possess empathetic abilities in dealing with employees and their questions.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others and interact appropriately.
- Good communication skills.
- Fraud detection and investigation skills.
How to Apply:
All candidate should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 22nd June 2023.