Job Title: Senior IT Auditor
Organization: Centenary Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager IT Audit
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Senior IT Auditor will be responsible for planning, implementing, and reporting on assigned IT audit engagements in accordance with the annual audit plan and manual and provide advice to improve the existing ICT risk management practices within the bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify business objectives, understand risk inherent in activities and IT systems to be audited and develop audit plans in assigned audit engagements.
- Conduct and lead IT audits and review of systems, applications, and IT processes. These include: Project Assurance reviews, IT Security audits, IT General & Application Controls and review of IT policies, procedures, and frameworks.
- Conduct Quality Assurance reviews of IT projects undertaken by the Bank and prepare reports of findings and recommendations to management.
- Report or share information on emerging trends and potential solutions for addressing control weaknesses, process efficiency challenges or resolving open audit issues.
- Supervise staff on audit assignments to ensure timely completion of audit engagement projects.
- Perform field work and prepare quality working papers in compliance with audit standards and policy in assigned areas.
- Prepare quality and timely drafts of audit reports for review by the assigned supervisor/manager.
- Prepare appraisals at the end of each audit engagement.
- Utilise data analytics and tools to analyse data and enhance audit efficiency and effectiveness.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a first degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- Professional certification in Information System Audit, Security Risk and Governance such as CISA.
- Additional certifications such as CISM, CEH, CRISC, CISSP and CGEIT etc. are an added advantage
- A minimum of four years of experience in Information Systems Audit.
- Understanding of Banking systems, Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERPs), Operating Systems, networks, and Databases.
- Working knowledge of Information Security standards, tools, and best practices.
- Understanding of IT Governance and IT Audit fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of internal auditing, internal controls, risk management and corporate governance.
- Ability to incorporate data analytics into the audit process to improve tests, provide insights and proactively identify risk.
- Risk based auditing experience.
- Good investigative and interviewing skills
- People management.
- Good report writing skills
- Conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Problem identification and solution skills
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team in a fast-paced work environment and meet fully the requirements above, please:
Download an application form, Click Here
Fill the form and attach an application letter (addressed to General Manager Human Resource, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892, Kampala), updated Curriculum Vitae, plus copies of all academic credentials, testimonials and contact details of three competent referees.
E-mail the above to: Talent_sourcing@centenarybank.co.ug
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will, be contacted.
Deadline: 11th January 2023