Organization: Centenary Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Client Relationship Supervisor will support the Centenary Bank Branch by developing and maintaining a proactive customer advisor relationship management that includes effective consultative selling and structuring of solutions for clientele that shall include but not limited to Assigned client portfolio in line with the set targets, service standards and strategic objectives of the Bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive and monitor the growth of the deposit and credit books of the assigned portfolio in forex and local currency, initiate/identify product development solutions for the sector and generate monthly sales performance reports in line with the set targets.
- Implement approved value proposition for the assigned portfolio in line with business needs.
- Undertake annual business reviews of the business, account plans and recommend integrated financial solutions based on customer lifetime cycle value line with the set targets.
- Support generation of end to end network value chain opportunities for all business segments in line with banking practice and identified customer needs.
- Actively cross sell and effectively generate more business from the existing customer to increase Non-Funded income.
Client Relationship Management:
- Plan and implement customer relationship management, ensure timely follow up any issues affecting the relationship, recommend, procedural, process, and policy changes required to meet customer expectation/needs and generate periodic status reports.
- Maintain an updated database for potential customers; give direction to branches on the potential pipelines and conduct periodic visits or meetings to achieve understanding of their business needs intended to build a loyal customer base, in coordination with the branches
- Ensure that all customers in the assigned portfolio enjoy their respective value propositions as stipulated and approved by the bank.
- Attend customer events, meetings or engagements and arrange customer loyalty meetings/ campaigns.
- Annually develop and review strategic plan and activities for the signed portfolio.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Client Relationship Supervisor job placement should hold an Honors’ degree in Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Statistics or any other related discipline.
- Possession of a postgraduate qualification in Business management, Marketing, Economics, and any related disciplines is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a large corporate banking environment working directly with clients e.g. credit / banking / marketing / client relationship management with two years at Supervisory level.
- Extensive knowledge of the market, industry and global events with good business networks
- Good marketing and negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good report writing and computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and Influencing skills.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Leadership and team building skills
- Good people management skills
- Ability to strategically think for the business
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously, timely and ability deliver under pressure.
- Resolve customer service delivery issues timely and professionally
- Telemarketing and Phone etiquette.
Note: Pass degrees are not eligible
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional referees and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager Human Resources, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 1st September 2017