Job Title: Senior Manager Information Technology & Data Management
Organisation: Uganda National Airlines Company Limited
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Uganda Airlines is the flag carrier of Uganda. The company is a revival of the older Uganda Airlines which operated from 1977 until 2001. It began flying in August 2019.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devise Digital IT strategies to achieve business goals, especially in the areas of Smart Travel using Smart Technologies
- Optimizing Passenger Journey at Key Touch Points and evaluating solutions to improve KPI for Quality
- Establish Business Intelligence systems over operational systems
- Establishing cost-effective operating models.
- Directly accountable for leading the line of business – cost center in its identification, prioritization of strategy, annual planning, and budgeting.
- Strategy for Digital Products – Product Development – cloud enablement for Line of Business
- Management of Multi-Million USD Business Solutions Delivery, IT Infrastructure, and IT Security Programs
- Set up end to end, IT Applications, Infrastructure & Operations for Line of Business
- Support IT infrastructure for Sales & Marketing, Pre Sales of Airline, GHA Cargo products, Maintenance, and others.
- Responsible for the overall projects management and implementation of new IT systems
- Principle advisor to the business on new applications and infrastructure development
- Responsible for digital commerce (web, mobile, e-payments, call center, and others) developments.
- Responsible for business intelligence and analytics design development
- Responsible for the departmental staff appraisals
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or any other related field.
- Minimum of seven (07) years of experience in implementing, managing, and integrating core aviation/airline business systems i.e Passenger Service Systems (PSS), Maintenance Overhaul & Repair Systems (MRO), Flight Operations Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Global Distribution Systems, Reservations, Inventory and Availability, Fares & Ticketing, Airport Operations, Loyalty, Codeshares and interlines,
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+, MSCE, Cisco, Oracle, and Cloud Technologies have added advantages.
- Relevant exposure and experience leading large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of integrated computer systems, IPSEC, VPN, and MPLS networks, systems automation, big data, and business analytics, SaaS/Cloud technologies, and global call centers.
- A firm grasp of aviation infrastructure and operations best practices.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent knowledge of project management and budget skills is desirable
- Innovation and digital transformation
- Project management
- People management
- Financial management
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Uganda Airlines in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 7th October 2022