Vacancy title: Senior Procurement Officer
Type: FULL TIME.
Jobs at: Mountains of the Moon University
Deadline of this Job: 29th November 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Mountains of the Moon University was established as a private chartered university under the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act of 2001 to provide quality teaching and learning that is relevant and competitive; offer courses that address the needs of the local, national and international community; promote research for the social- economic and political development of the country; and engage in activities for self- sustainability. The Ministry of Education and Sports appointed a Taskforce to manage the Transition of MMU from Private to Public University for the next two years.
The Transition Taskforce is seeking to ﬁll up the following temporary positions with suitably qualified and skilled individual.
POSITION: Senior Procurement Officer
REPORTS TO: Secretary MMU Transition Taskforce [TTF]
JOB TYPE: Temporary for one year
JOB SALARY: Attractive
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide leadership to the Procurement and Disposal Units.
• Coordinate and manage the procurement of goods, works, consultancy and seniices for the ITF.
• Prepares the procurement and disposal Plan of the University.
• Prepares periodic repons for the Contracts Committee and PPDA.
• Ensures conformity with Government procurement and disposal regulations.
• Provides timely advice to the Accounting Oﬁicer, Contracts Committee and members of the University on all matters pertaining to procurementandciisposal.
• Oversees the evaluation process of all procurement requirements and recommends the most appropriate procurement and disposal procedure / methods.
• implements decisions of the contracts committee.
• Prepares local purchase orders.
• To assist in ensuring the proper management and value for money for procurement and disposals handled by the Main PDU
• Coordinating the preparation of bid documents.
• Responsible for contract administration including preparation of contracts and issuing approved contracts.
• Liaising with Suppliers, Consultants, Contractors and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services as per contract.
• Preparation and updating of specifications
Masters’ Degree in Procurement Purchasing or related field. A Professional qualification in Procurement! Purchasing such as the Chartered institute of Purchasing & Supplies. An Honors Degree in Procurement /Purchasing from a recognized institution or related field.
Minimum of 8 years relevant working experience at least4 years of which should be at supervisory level in a public setting. In depth knowledge of regulatory law
• Leadership and supervisory skills.
• Ability to build, lead, and work with teams; Computer literacy; Interpersonal & communication skills; Quick judgment and decision making; Ability to initiate change
• lCT skills
• Knowledge of PPDA reference and Accountability
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates must submit the following:
• Five copies of hand-written application letter
• An up to date and detailed CV including contacts of 3 credible referees
• Copies of academic qualifications! credentials
• A copy of a valid Identity Card or Driving License or Pass port
• Any other relevant document to support the application
Application clearly indicating the position applied for on the top right-hand corner of the envelop delivered to:
The Secretary MMU Transition TasKforce
P. 0. Box 837,
Fort Portal, Uganda.
Tel +256 483 660 338
The deadline for receiving the applicatisn is Friday 29th November 2019