Job Title: Secondary Teacher (Computer)
Organisation: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Watoto Village School – Suubi, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to students and ensuring high standards of professional quality of teaching and learning of the subjects.
- Plan, prepare and conduct lessons according to the set standards of all Watoto schools and implements teaching programs that are consistent with the ethos of the school.
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and further on their education and future careers to aid the students in making good career choices.
- Demonstrate good stewardship of resources and property in the school by ensuring the safe custody and optimum use of equipment.
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students and ensure the safety and welfare of learners at all times.
- Set, mark and moderate examinations and prepare end-of-term reports within the specified time frame.
- Be responsible for the effective instruction, training and assessment of pupils in computer literacy.
- Ensure that the computer room is clean and orderly, reporting any recent damage or misuse.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Watoto Secondary Teacher job opportunity should hold at least Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- A minimum of two years of experience in teaching Computer studies
- Working knowledge in computer networking, web design and maintenance will be an added advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to work within a team environment and ability to work under minimal supervision
- High degree of flexibility, initiative
- and confidentiality
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV (not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a Pastor’s recommendation letter to email@example.com(Subject Line: Secondary Teacher -First Name, Last Name)
Deadline: 30th May 2018