Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor, RMNCH
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Director Clinical Services
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Job Summary: The Senior Technical Advisor, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH) will provide technical leadership and strategic level oversight in development, implementation and monitoring of MNCH and FP activities. The job holder will work closely with the Director Clinical Services, supervisees and other program staff to ensure technical quality of the RMNCH interventions design and implementation strategies and processes based on sound and current scientific evidence. The incumbent will mentor and supervise a team of Technical Advisors including Technical Advisors for Family Planning and Maternal, Newborn & Child Health.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and provide strategic oversight and direction for RMNCH services
- Support the project team to efficiently apply innovative methods to build/strengthen health care service provider capacity/skills to manage, deliver and provide quality, RMNCH services, integrated with other services at facility and community levels
- On a routine basis, use performance data at various levels (regional, district and facility level) to focus and tailor technical support needs and inputs to performance needs and targets
- The incumbent will ensure that the project RMNCH activities are informed by evidence, adhere to national policies and guidelines, and are well-coordinated and demonstrate intended results
- Prepare and send periodic program reports, as may be required
- Working closely with supervisor and other team members, develop, implement and track annual, quarterly and monthly RMNCH work plans (and budgets) for RMNCH activities
- On a routine basis, closely work with the Monitoring and Evaluation teams to track and monitor project progress in attainment of RMNCH performance targets and design and implement appropriate measures to keep the project on track
- Support district and facility teams to continuously use performance data to identify performance gaps, design, implement and track improvement projects for RMNCH services treatment
- Supervise other staff as designated
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Senior Technical Advisor, RMNCH career placement must be a Medical Doctor with a Master’s Degree in Obstetrics & Gynecology, or Public Health, or another relevant field
- A minimum of six to eight years of professional experience working in RMNCH programs
- Prior experience working with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable
- Significant experience collaborating and developing partnerships with Ministries of Health/National Programs, DHOs, donors, NGOs, and/or other stakeholders on RMNCH initiatives in alignment with national strategic plans; experience working initiatives within Uganda strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity through formal and informal training, coaching, mentoring, and ongoing professional development in maternal, new born and child health, family planning and nutrition
- Significant experience in managing quality improvement interventions and technical/institutional capacity building programs primarily through a technical assistance approach
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Ugandan health care system, particularly the public health system (district health services) and good knowledge of the community support structures
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork; produces high quality work in a timely, cost-effective manner; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to set priorities, multi-task, and work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Excellent communication skills and strong inter-personal and supervisory skills, including the demonstrated ability to lead teams of technical specialists
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send their cover letters, certificates of good conduct curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for three professional references addressed to:
Human Resource Coordinator,
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services
Plot 1, East Victoria Close, Mpumudde Division,
E-mail to: HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 24th July 2017 by 12:00 pm