Job Title: Systems Auditor
Organisation: PostBank Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a government owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on the mass market with operations spread across the country.
Job Summary: The Systems Auditor will design and monitor control systems which ensure the accuracy and security of information and data, and to analyze information processing systems in order to assess their completeness’, accuracy and validity. The incumbent will review application systems and business procedure in line with the banks business objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all IT-related issues that come up within the course of bank operations.
- Work closely with Head IT and ensures that all systems updates and modifications are properly authorized, tested and documented
- Prepare and submit IT related tests for auditable areas
- Prepare audit plans and work papers for assigned normal, snap and follow up audits
- Determine the effectiveness of internal control in areas being audited, identify weakness and make recommendations to strengthen controls
- Prepare timely, clear and well written reports to Audit Manager
- Maintain current and permanent audit plans
- Prepare updates to audit programs and audit manual
- Provide inputs regarding adequacy of internal controls for new systems being developed in-house or purchased from a software vendor
- Guide management on the systems weakness and provide control measures to minimize the risk of such weakness.
- Maintain effective working relations with Management and units audited
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Must have proficiency in CISA/CISM or any other information systems certifications
- At least two to three years’ experience preferably with a financial institution
- Good team player
- Possesses competent knowledge in accounting principles, auditing standards and techniques.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of ACL is an added advantage
- Ability to discern systems and give necessary advice
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are invited to send their applications enclosing curriculum vitae, copies of academic, professional certificates and contact addresses of three referees. Applications should be sent by post, courier, hand delivery or e-mail to the following address;
The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd,
4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 34934, Kampala. Uganda
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 18th September 2017