Job Title: Finance Volunteer (No Experience US NGO Jobs)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Finance Officer, the Finance Volunteer is responsible for assisting the finance team in the day-to-day accounting operations in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieving supporting documents to specific Accounts and transactions once identified to confirm if the transaction genuine.
- Updating and arranging the physical finance vouchers in line with the Integra references
- Verification of Finance data to confirm if the Inventory data is genuine and supported.
- Support in stamping finance vouchers and filing as per IRC documents retention policy
- Assist with making mobile money transactions using YO system, running name verification reports and share payment confirmation
- Completing Vendor Settlement of Integra transactions in the system
- Managing the Online Invoice tracker and updating the payments tracker for transactions submitted in Finance
- Drafting and completing the With Holding Tax schedules.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance, Bachelor of Commerce, or related field.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Knack for detail.
- Strong computer skills especially in MS excel.
Please note: This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 11th October 2022