Job Title: Social Worker (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: TPO Uganda
Duty Station: Karenga, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
TPO Uganda is a local Ugandan NGO that has been operating in the country for 27 years. Our programs comprise interventions organised around the following themes: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Care and protection of OVC; child protection, livelihoods support, response and prevention of all forms of violence against women and children as well as emergency response and humanitarian action. TPO Uganda is active in over 45 districts in the region and is a member of several partnerships and coordination mechanisms in the country.
Job Summary: The Social Worker will be responsible for delivering all planned interventions to communities targeted in the district. You will ensure that you leave behind a strong child protection system in the location where you will be working. You will work in children-friendly spaces; conduct home visits, as well as case management. You will receive additional training in the delivery of advanced psychosocial interventions, child protection, and working in the areas of preventing violence against children.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To design and maintain a record of intervention as prescribed in the pyramid for psychosocial and mental health services and psychotherapies.
- Plan and implement project activities that contribute to the attainment of project objectives and outputs.
- Strengthen the capacity of community support structures to identify and support communities in need.
- Manage and oversee the administrative functions of the duty station
- Establish and strengthen relationships at the sub-county level and develop partnerships with other service providers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree in Social Work (SWSA) or Community psychology,
- A professional qualification in Clinical Assessment – certificate, Animation therapy Level-one certificate, Farmer Field School Approach, Certificate in Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Trauma (CBTT) or NET.
- Two years of experience working in an NGO environment.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit.
Candidates from this location/region are strongly recommended to apply.
How to Apply:
All candidates should please send an updated CV, letter of interest and academic documents with 3 work related referees via email: mail: email@example.com or hand delivery to Plot 652, Block 257, Wamala Close, Munyonyo ONLY. Include your salary history for the past 3 years (Attached as one document of not more than 2MBs).
Deadline: 20th July 2023
NB: TPO Uganda is an equal opportunities employer that doesn’t discriminate on any basis.