Job Title: Sponsorship Program Assistant (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organisation: Plan International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Sponsorship Manager
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
Job Summary: The Sponsorship and Programme Assistant is responsible for supporting the Sponsorship Manager and the Head of Program Development and Quality in giving support to and promotion of PlU’s goals in growth, customer satisfaction and establishing an effective linkage with National Offices (NO) and other stakeholders, ensuring that both units offer efficient and adequate support to field operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan International Commitments and Caseload Management
- Provide administrative support to the Sponsorship Manager, Sponsorship Coordinator, and the Field Teams responsible for enrolment of Sponsored Children (SCs);
- Provide sponsorship support to the field offices as and when such requests arise, by ensuring that materials are well designed and procured and despatched to the field in a timely manner
- Participate in producing sponsorship marketing materials like videos to attract more sponsors
- Prepare and submit the country green sheet for review by the sponsorship manager by 1st April every year
- Review 100% of sponsorship communications that are sent to CO to ensure that they comply with the requirements of the Plan International commitments
- Support in the delivery of sponsorship trainings for new staff members
- Extract data using child data query tool to ensure that there is no backlog for SC graduations
Sponsorship Communications and Reports
- Provide routine support to the sponsorship department in managing production of Quality Sponsorship Communications) in line with the Plan International commitments and sponsorship manual
Process incoming communications:
- Track and receive all incoming communications from the national offices (gifts and letters) and ensure a weekly check at post office for any incoming gifts from Nos
- Coordinate all relocations to Kampala from all the program areas, by following up their current location, taking photos, and uploading the package onto FTP for the Sponsorship Coordinators to upload a complete package onto child data
- Weekly sort out gifts as they come in and ensure that such gifts are dispatched in a timely manner to the respective programme areas with the accompanying tracking form.
- Ensure that SP addresses do not leave country office.
- Maintain the filing of all the sponsorship reports for easy reference
- Edit and compile cancellation memos from the field before forwarding to the sponsorship manager for final review and approval and later upload them onto FTP for sponsorship coordinators to upload onto child data
Develop and operate a tracking system to ensure that all correspondence is accurate and dealt with in an appropriate and timely manner:
- Ensure weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis of the National Office Inquiries received by the country and discussing with SM for development education, programming and further improvement of the underlying processes
- Ensure that responses to requests are made in an accurate and timely manner. Further inform the SM of all critical requests that may require their closer follow up
- Based on monthly dispatches of SC gifts to the field and after dispatch from the CO, conduct quarterly visits to the respective PAs to verify whether the SC gifts have been received, entered into child data and distributed to the respective SCs within a period of one month.
- Produce a back to office report with a summary of key findings/recommendations to inform programming
- Refer all controversial gifts/ statements in SP letters to the Sponsorship Manager for review and further action
- Ensure that sorting of parcels and gifts that are due for dispatch to NOs or that are misdirected, unlabeled are timely dispatched in line with the gift policy.
Process SC communications in accordance with the procedure:
- Coordinate with the sponsorship coordinators and Administration coordinators to ensure transportation of the gifts to the programme area is made in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the courier companies to dispatch of all SC communications that come from all the programme areas to the different National offices is done in a timely manner
Relationship building and communications with the National office
- Provide administrative support to Field Teams as they engage with communities;
- Conduct quarterly visits to the respective programme areas to verify the SC communication delay reports (SCCDRs) and cancellations
- Carry out SC home Visits and ensure that feedback is shared with the sponsorship coordinators, and the sponsorship manager to follow-up with the concerned teams
- Support in production of quality and timely sponsorship /program area reports (SPARs) by editing photos, formatting and proofreading the document
- Coordinate all SP visits by preparing a quarterly summary schedule of all SP visits to the Sponsorship Manager (SM) and the field
- Accompany Sponsors to meet the sponsored families
- Develop and discuss with the Sponsorship Manager a list of all emerging issues from the sponsor visits for programming and further improvement of the underlying processes
- Produce a back to office report with a summary of key findings/recommendations to inform programming
Corporate Systems and Processes
- Input required data into the Sponsorship Corporate System ensuring that it effectively supports the information management requirements of field teams, the Country Office, and Plan International:
- Analyze sponsorship data regarding SCCDRs, NOIs, and sponsor visits on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis and share with sponsorship manager
- Compile weekly & monthly sponsorship reports and share with sponsorship manager for further follow-up with field staff on gaps identified
- Contribute to design of sponsorship documents and products for sharing with NOs and sponsors
- Coordinate staff meetings and follow-up on agreed actions in relation to sponsorship processes
- Ensure that gifts are tracked
SC Cancellation and Graduations:
- Review all cancellation/graduation memos before submitting to the Sponsorship Manager for approval
- Export SC active file using child data query tool to analyse the cancellations for SC graduations to ensure zero backlog.
Program and Project targets
- Provide support to the country programme team (CPT) in promotion of PlU’s goals in growth and offering efficient and adequate support to field operations:
- Provide coordination support for all program-related external visitors, ensuring all preparations are made, communications shared with the country programme team and Executive Assistant
- Prepare and maintain CPT events calendar on a quarterly basis
- Provide logistical and organizational support in procuring and preparing required materials and supplies for all program-related workshops, meetings and trainings
- Maintain a documentation system for Program documents both manual and electronic
- Serve as the permanent secretary for documenting and circulating CO CPT meeting minutes. Further ensure that such minutes are accurately documented and subsequently shared in a timely manner
Safeguarding, Gender Equality & Inclusion
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an advanced Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Must have achieved a minimum of A-level education.
- Two years of working experience preferably with an NGO.
- Good understanding of broad trends in the development and humanitarian sector and key external organisations relevant to the [thematic area of job].
- Good track record of planning and organising work effectively; managing time to deliver results against agreed priorities, objectives and quality requirements, to time and within budget.
- Good analytical skills as required to obtain and process information and numerical data from a range of sources and use the insights gained to inform decisions or communications.
- Good understanding of key risk-related policies, procedures and standards, (for instance, good practice in Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection; Gender, equality and inclusion; Counter fraud; Safety and Security); solid track record of compliance
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, especially in English language, with an ability to effectively adjust content and presentation to suit varied audiences internally and externally, to get key messages across.
- Good teamworking skills, including an ability to listen well to others, appreciate viewpoints, and respond positively to diversity.
- Good computer skills especially in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good typing skills of not less than 50 words per minute.
- Knowledge and Experience in Database management may be an added advantage.
- Must demonstrate ability to generate and utilise digital images
- Has experience in Basic backup and recovery procedures for corporate systems.
- Has experience working on a LAN environment.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 27th September 2022