Job Title: Storekeeper (UN Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Warehouse Management Associate
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Job Summary: The Storekeeper will coordinate receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and ensure implementation of the best storage management practices and compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.
Also Read: Data Management Officer Job – Mildmay Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish correct minimum and maximum stock levels of spare parts for replenishment.
- Support and carry out periodic physical stock inventory of spare parts and consumables as per WFP procedures and standard business requirements.
- Establish a list of dead, absolute/discarded items for disposal
- Carry out proper spare parts transaction according to WFP procedures
- Handle petty cash for RLIF as per country office accounting guide
- Manage Staff attendance and leave records as per HR procedures
- Identify and prepare lists of spare parts and consumables required for replenishment of stock
- Update the Fleet Management system (FMS)
- Prepare purchase requisitions for items needed for replenishment
- Ensuring the safety of all items and spare parts in the stores which include protecting them from pilfering, theft, damage and deterioration.
- Provide supervision, guidance and on the job training to stores staff supporting their development and high performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a University Degree in Supply chain management or degree in similar disciplines.
- Held the position of Spare Parts Supervisor or similar job in a company/NGO with at least five years of experience gained in the relevant field.
- Comprehensive understanding and good working knowledge with database management system for stock control/procurement software package.
- Good working knowledge with the complete Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent command of English.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role
- Experience using logistics databases to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization: Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
- Planning, Project & Resource Management: Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
- Information Management & Reporting: Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution: Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management: Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination: Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the online portal link below.
Deadline: 30th December 2022