Job Title: Supply Clerk (Receiving) Supervisor
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 44,197,171 /=
Position Number: Kampala-2022-031
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Supply Clerk (Receiving) Supervisor is responsible for the management and supervision of the receiving, tracking, inspection, distributing, and inventory of property management services for the Department of State and associated agencies. This position provides direct supervision to GSO supply (receiving) clerks. The position is in the General Services Section and under the supervision of the GSO Property Supervisor. Incumbent serves as an incidental operator of official vehicles and meets all requirements outlined in 14 FAM 433.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Supply Clerk (Receiving) Supervisor job opportunity should have completed a high school education (O&A level). Required.
- At least three (3) years of experience in supply/warehousing/expendables or property/supply management is required.
- Must have good knowledge of U.S. government property management policies and procedures, FAM and FAH relating to receiving and inspection, Post Policies, Warehouse procedures and SOPs.
- Position requires basic understanding of the local culture and local vendor practices.
- Must have good understanding of supply chain management and warehouse operations to include receiving, inspecting, tracking, storing and issuing of supplies.
- Must have good knowledge of computerized inventory and stock control data programs.
- Must have working knowledge of inventory management tools such as handheld scanners and software.
- Capable of planning and managing a wide variety of logistical operations (e.g., space management, supply and equipment needs, etc.), acting independently, and exercising supervisory control over subordinate personnel.
- Computer competencies including basic skills in Microsoft Office applications, and related software as required, and basic math skills.
- Must have a valid, current Class B Driver’s license. Must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 51 lbs. (23kg) under OSHA standards.
- Language: English level III (good working knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 1st September 2022