Job Title: System Administrator (Fresher Jobs)
Organization: VisionFund Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of IT
VisionFund International (VFI) is the world’s largest Christian microfinance network. For more than a decade we have been improving the lives of children across the developing world, as we provide small loans and other financial services to families struggling in poverty. As the microfinance subsidiary of World Vision, the world’s largest Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation, we work in 28 countries through our network of affiliated microfinance institutions (MFIs) located across the globe in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. We have an outstanding loan portfolio of nearly US$429 million, serve over 1million active borrowers and impact the lives of over 3.4 million children each year. Sharing the same vision as World Vision, VFI aims to provide ‘life in all its fullness’ to children as their parents receive small loans, improve their businesses and increase in ability to care for their children as family incomes multiply.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Participate in developing internal local software in liaison with the systems Manager to drive digitization
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and network performance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a university qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science.
- Two years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of Graphics Design, Networking & Security, Advanced Knowledge in Office Suite/365.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience in web application development with proficiency in any of the following technologies C#, Java, Python, PHP and knowledge in cloud technologies such Azure, AWS.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated resumes and academic qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th November 2022.