Job Title: Technical Officer
Organisation: Malaria Consortium
Duty Station: Uganda
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations specializing in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and underprivileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
About the Project:
Malaria Consortium Uganda received funding from TASO/ Global fund to implement an $3M Strengthening Uganda’s Malaria Reduction and Elimination strategy project (SUMRES) which focuses on reducing the impact of the leading causes of U5M morbidity and mortality in 11 districts in Northern Uganda. The project addresses lagging maternal and neonatal mortality through a combination of iCCM and selected maternal and neonatal care interventions.
The Project uses a mix of specific malaria and childhood illness control interventions as well as health systems strengthening interventions at community, Health facility and district levels.
Malaria Consortium is therefore recruiting for a Technical Officer to support the Pader and Omoro cluster districts.
Job Summary: To provide technical and implementation support to all Strengthening Uganda’s Malaria Reduction and Elimination strategy project project activities in a cluster of 2 districts in Northern Uganda namely Pader and Omoro.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Clinical Medicine or a degree in public health, social sciences
- At least five years’ experience implementing malaria and child survival and maternal programs
- Experience in training and mentorship of health care workers on malaria and child survival especially new-born care program areas
- Previous work with development agencies, NGOs.
- Experience in the planning and implementation of communicable disease control/malaria control interventions, behaviour change communication initiatives/health education, health worker trainings and supportive supervision of health workers
- Experience in capacity building/ transferring of skills in MNC services.
- Experience in working closely with local government
- Experience in developing work plans and activity budgets and in following work plans with minimal supervision
We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding. Please find our Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Privacy Notice here.
Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 29th June 2022