Job Title: Manager, Inter-Carrier Billing
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, a Global Technology Consultant. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stay updated on the new innovation both globally and locally best practice as it relates to the team/ function’s activities.
- Assist in continuously reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
- Establish and manage key relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide input in the identification and documentation of functional specifications for inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions.
- Work closely with Procurement division to document Request for Proposal/Request for Quotation for new inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions.
- Provide input in the definition of criteria for evaluation and selection of relevant IT vendors.
- Serve as the project manager for all projects relating to the deployment/update of new inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions to ensure achievement of corporate objectives.
- Actively coordinate the solution development life cycle, ensuring compliance with specified standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Offer advisory support in the implementation and integration of inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions.
- Supervise user acceptance testing in liaison with Finance and Engineering and Deployment.
- Coordinate go-live of inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions.
- Work with IT vendors and Billing Solutions Support team to provide user support for deployed solutions.
- Technically support IT vendor in the deployment of off-the-shelve inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions.
- Liaise with IT vendor to provide documented policies and procedures/user guide for newly deployed inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions.
- Actively participate in post implementation review of inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions and ensure timely and effective resolution of issues.
- Conduct periodic evaluation of inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions to ensure continuing relevance of solutions provided.
- Coordinate deployment of patches and upgrades to installed inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions.
- Ensure minimal impact to subscribers and revenue flow during system changes, upgrades, patches or bug fixes.
- Manage the resolution of inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions-related problems escalated by Billing Solutions Support team.
- Review feedback from the Billing Solutions Support team to ensure prompt improvement of inter-carrier/interconnect billing solutions.
- Manage relationships with third party IT vendors/suppliers.
- Assist in implementing the function’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Senior Manager, Billing Solutions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Billing Solutions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a first degree or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Possession of a postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) to nine (9) years’ experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.