Job Title: Territory Manager
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Unilever is an Anglo–Dutch multinational consumer goods company co-headquartered in London, England and Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Its products include food, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products. It is the world’s third-largest consumer goods company measured by 2012 revenue, after Procter & Gamble and Nestlé. One of the oldest multinational companies, its products are available in around 190 countries. Unilever celebrated its 85th anniversary year of business in 2014.
Job Summary: The Territory Manager – Arua will be responsible for managing distributors profitability within a defined territory to achieve sales and coverage targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine infrastructural requirement of a distributor for a particular territory including working capital required.
- Determine and prepare distributor sales and KPI targets using the Joint Business Plan toolkit.
- Ensure that working capital is effectively managed by constantly monitoring stocks, debtors and cash positions to meet the right norms.
- Build excellent relationships at KD and at POP level.
- Set up the distributor team by recruiting the right skills, right numbers and training through field coaching to deliver assigned targets.
- Set targets for all distributor team and review performance constantly through market floor meetings to ensure target achievement.
- Ensure that KD is profitable by using the ROI toolkit to monitor income and expenditure and report on monthly actions to improve.
- Ensure weekly submission of KD extracts used in raising orders for the KDs.
- Prepare beat plans for KD sales team to ensure effective & efficient coverage of assigned territory with all product categories.
- Prospects, negotiates and initiates local actions in line with company policies.
- Ensure the availability of the right product assortment at the right channel at the right price.
- Ensure achievement of the Field capability score by meeting targets for coverage, lines per call and bill productivity.
- Building capability of distributor sales team through full day sales accompaniment and field coaching.
- Submission of weekly and monthly reports – weekly sales report, ROI and profitability report, working capital analysis report and safety reports.
Also Read: Monitoring Assistant Job – United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Driving skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Has to be a thinker and a doer.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Unilever in this capacity should apply online at the link below.