Job Title: Tour Consultant
Organisation: Prime Safaris & Tours Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Prime Safaris & Tours Ltd is an indigenous African tour agency fully registered and licensed in Kampala Uganda with operations in several African safari destinations. We are a Sustainable Tourism tour agency that strongly focuses on Environmental & Nature Conservation as a means to uplift and uphold the Fundamental Human Rights of People.
Job Summary: The Tour Consultant will be responsible for helping clients in planning and making reservations for their vacations. You will also be responsible for coordinating with the clients for any issues and queries. Besides this, you should be able to maintain client’s details accurately for future reference. As an ideal candidate, you should possess excellent data entry skills and good customer service skills. You should also have outstanding communication skills and the ability to work for long working hours
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting clients with planning and making reservations.
- Suggesting local tourists’ attractions and places.
- Process payments (invoicing) and send reservation confirmation to the clients.
- Ensure all client’s safari requirements are reserved and confirmed.
- Explaining to the clients about the services the company offers.
- Answering the clients’ questions and complaints.
- Providing the clients with additional services or special services when needed.
- Provision of updated and promotional content for the company website.
- Briefing and debriefing clients before and after their safaris.
- Prepare for the send-off the client safaris and receive accountability details from guides after safaris to submit to the accounts department after their safaris.
- Maintaining customer’s detailed information.
- Sorting out any issues which may arise during the payment process.
- Offering customer service to the client in regard to the cancellation of reservations.
- Providing excellent customer services and customer satisfaction.
- Managing all the guest’s emails and calls and ensure confidentiality.
- Ensuring compliance to all security and safety standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in tourism or related fields.
- Experience as a Reservation Assistant, Travel Agent, or a relevant role in the Travel and Tourism industry, will be an advantage
- Working experience in using office equipment.
- Excellent people and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to offer exceptional customer service.
- Outstanding sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Good data entry skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Extraordinary time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to resolve the clients’ issues promptly.
- Ability to work well with others in team environments, build consensus and drive change
- Should be able to work in a deadline driven/results orientated atmosphere
- Strong people management skills
- Able to think strategically and a good planner
- Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets.
- Possess leadership personality, and able to take on and solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to stay on track and deliver even under pressure.
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email their updated CVs and applications via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 3rd July 2023