Organisation: United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
Grade: GS 5
Vacancy Number: VN/PBR/2014/14
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Representative
UNICEF, the United Nations Children’s Fund, is the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realized. Uganda is one of the over 190 countries and territories around the world where we work to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease, and discrimination place in a child’s path.
Job Summary: The UNICEF Executive Assistant will perform a variety of secretarial services including; making internal and external appointments, some involving high ranking officials and maintaining the supervisor’s calendar; receiving, screening, logging and routing correspondence with discretion, attaching necessary background information and maintaining a follow-up system; arranging meetings and taking accurate minutes on a variety of subject-matters; drafting correspondence; managing electronic and other files; keeping contacts of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps; making travel arrangements for the supervisor and performing liaison duties with other units; and acting as VISION system administrator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the aforementioned United Nations UNICEF Executive Assistant job must have completed secondary education, supplemented by a diploma in secretarial studies or Administration, thorough knowledge of modern office procedures, ability to operate Microsoft office packages, and knowledge protocol.
- At least five years secretarial experience.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English language, good knowledge of a second working language may be required.
- Capability to draft a variety of correspondence and take minutes.
- Possess the ability to type and use standard computer hardware, word processing and spreadsheet programmes.
- Ability to deal with people in a pleasant and business-like manner.
Core Values (Required); Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity.
Core Competencies (Required); Communication, Working with People, Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required); Analyzing, Learning and Researching, Planning and Organizing, Following instructions and Procedures, Copying with Pressure and Setbacks.
How to Apply:
ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered.
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_ MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All candidates who desire to work in the prestigious United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street,
P.O. Box 7047, Kampala-Uganda.
Via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 1st December, 2014