Job Title: WASH Officer
Organization: Partners for Community Transformation (PaCT)
Duty Station: Mityana, Uganda
Reports to: WASH and Health Coordinator
Partners for Community Transformation (PaCT) is an indigenous registered non-for-profit making organization operating in five districts in Uganda that include Mityana, Mubende, Kiboga, Gomba and Kyankwanzi. Our services target the needy in remote areas which contribute a lot in improving the quality of life for our beneficiaries through WASH, Health Systems Support, Education Sponsorships and Human Rights Awareness & Advocacy.
Job Summary: The WASH Officer will provide technical support for the successful development of sustainable water points and sensitize communities on proper sanitation and hygiene practices in the project location.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess needs for WASH interventions (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene facilities) at community level including Public schools and Health facilities
- Prepare or revise bill of quantities and construction plans related to the construction works and also participate in design of infrastructure and procurement processes.
- Supervise the execution of the WASH works directly and provide technical guidance and expertise to the Hygiene Promotion Team
- Support fundraising initiatives through proposal development and manage an up to date WASH project level or initiated data base to be used as reference in writing new projects.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Wash Coordinator using the appropriate templates as per request and schedule.
- Network/partner with district, and other stakeholders to ensure standards, regulations and procedures are adhered to in line with the donor requirements.
- Data collection, accurate record keeping and management of information to measure progress and impact of project in line with the guiding humanitarian standards and as required by the WASH Cluster.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a University degree in public health or related discipline
- At least three years of actual project involvement experience with a strong focus on hygiene promotion and capacity building
- Experience of hygiene sanitation participatory approaches such as PHAST and CLTS
- At least three years of experience of working in an NGO or similar WA$H environment
- Excellent communication, computer and report writing skills Experience of working with community groups and training of community volunteers.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills to plan projects, timetable agreed activities and manage project budget.
- Ability and willingness to live in the project location within the organization’s catchment area (Mityana, Mubende or Gomba)
- Good team player, flexible and capable of adapting to a recovering, rural community environment.
- Experience in working with implementing partners
- Applicant MUST be frequent in the local language – Luganda
- Motor cycle riding skills is a must.
- A technical undergraduate degree, preferably Civil or Structural Engineering
- Undergraduate in Water and Environmental Management, Behaviour Change, Water Management, Water and Waste Engineering or similar.
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications, which must include at least 3 reference contacts (2 professional, 1 character references, including current or most recent employer), daytime contact number and salary history. Persons from the project areas are particularly encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applications should be hand delivered or sent to: The Finance and Admin Officer, Partners for Community Transformation (PaCT), P.O. Box 289, Mityana, Kiyinda B Zone, Next to Enro Hotel Mityana, or email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 23rd November 2018