The Wells Mountain Foundation, a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, funds the Empowerment through Education scholarships for individuals in developing nations or other situations of extreme poverty.
Host Institution(s): Your choice of institution in your home country or in another developing country
Field(s) of study: All fields of study but fields such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as, professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business are favored.
Number of Scholarships: About 20-25 scholarships per year.
Target group: Citizens of developing countries
Scholarship value/inclusions: Scholarships support tuition and fees, books and materials, and other approved costs.
Eligibility: WMF’s ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
– successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
– will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
– plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
– has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
– may have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
Application instructions: Applications are done online. Applications will be accepted from 1 December 2014 – 1 April 2015.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For further information visit: http://www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/scholarships