Job Tittle: Administrative Assistant / Travel Representative
Organisation: United States Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Grade: FSN-7 (Ugshs28,606,023 to 41,210,417 p.a.. inclusive of allowances).
Job Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the administrative assistant / travel representative to supervisory executive officer (EXO). The administrative assistant will handle a variety of administrative requirements of the Executive Officer. The job holder will also organise trave arrangements for Mission personnel and temporary accomodation for official visitors and VIPs.
For a full job description, please visit the link below with all duties and responsibilities on http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicant should possess a university degree in secreterial studies, administration or a related field.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the travel field, administrative work or other closely related job roles.
- Good understanding of office, administrative procedures and best practices. This should include general secreterial and office practices; regulations on unclassified correspondence control
- Good records management.
- Good command of grammar both spoken and written
- Handle mail while needed
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and good team player
- Must be familiar with computer software such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications and strictly adhere to the following:
- Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) Download it Here.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g. essays, transcripts/certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
By email at [email protected]
NB: Only electronic submissions will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject area of the email submission.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.
Deadline: 9th December 2013
The US Mission in Kampala provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.