Organisation: Altus Foods (U) Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Altus Foods (U) Limited is a Kampala based company that specializes in the production and export of fresh fruits and vegetables from Uganda-East Africa. It works with a country-wide network of farmers who form the company’s supply base of produce. The company works closely with this network of farmers to ensure the use of high-yielding seeds and modern agronomical practices.
Job Summary: The Accountant will be mainly responsible for the management and reconciliation of balance sheets, ensuring all entries are supported with exacting documentation
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking overall responsibility for managing and reconciling five balance sheets, ensuring all entries are supported with exacting documentation and intercompany balances are fully reconciled on both sides
- Carrying out daily and weekly cash flow forecasts, taking inputs from Purchase Ledger, Processing and the retail business units
- Managing the cash reconciliation team to ensure they’re performing their duties efficiently
- In charge of preparing statutory accounts and liaising with the audit partners
- Ensuring accounting policies are compliant with international accounting principles and implementing any processes that are required to meet these
- Responsible for monitoring and setting controls and procedures within the finance department
- Completing Corporation Tax packs for the Group
- Making sure that the business is up-to-date with any changes to regulations
- Ensuring timely and accurate compliance with statutory tax obligations
- Ensuring the month-end close routine is followed and producing month-end accounting reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in either Commerce (Accounting option) or Business Administration (Accounting option) or Business Studies (Accountingoption) or Finance and Accounting from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of two years of post qualification experience in a financial institution.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management).
- Professional and polished verbal and written communication skills excellent telephone communication skills are essential.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the fruit and vegetable export industry will be an added advantage.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online be sending their updated CVs at the web link below.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 15th July 2015
Deadline: 10th July, 2015