Job Title: Accounts Assistant
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with Ministries of Health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiological and disease surveillance capabilities of African countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy, and the International Health Regulations (IHR).
Established in 2005, AFENET has supported more than 20 African countries across sub-Saharan Africa advance their capabilities in early detection and response to infectious and non-infectious diseases.
Job Summary: The AFENET Accounts Assistant will support the Finance and Accounts function, at the secretariat and also in collaboration with AFENET partners and member countries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intuitively review of financial documents to ensure accuracy of the information and compliance with the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation of vouchers and entering transactions into the accounting system and/or excel ledgers.
- In charge of reviewing advance requests to ensure that no additional advance is given while there is an unaccounted for advance against a staff.
- Assist in review of accountabilities submitted by staff and sub recipients to ensure accuracy and completeness of the accountabilities.
- Take part in generation of monthly advance reports and submission to the Head Finance for review before passing them to staff and sub recipients with outstanding advances.
- Keenly track of all advances to ensure accuracy of the advance balances and reconciliations.
- Participate in review of petty cash transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation and that value for money was obtained before the approval for replenishment by Head Finance.
- Ensure proper coding of all the expenditures done in line with the organization’s approved codes.
- Support in the coordination on financial matters with third parties like vendors, banks, URA, NSSF, among others.
- Ensure filing of all the accountability and supporting documents with proper references for ease of retrieval and in accordance with the Organization’s and donor requirements.
- Perform any other assignments that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Accounts Assistant vacancy should possess a Bachelor’s degree in commerce or Business Administration with a bias in Accounting.
- Level 2 ACCA OR Level 3 CPA (U) or equivalent professional qualification an added advantage.
- A minimum of two of more years’ experience in same position obtained from a busy and reputable organization.
- Prior NGO experience is an added advantage
- Good working knowledge and experience of Accounts packages and Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes, application letters, and relevant documentation to:
The Administration & Human Resource Office,
African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
Email to: email@example.com
NB: Please note that all applications should be sent online. Only successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: 17th October 2014