Job Title: Accounts Manager
Organisation: ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd (ASA Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd (ASA Uganda) is a for-profit, non-deposit taking Microfinance Institution, operating as a microfinance company and regulated by the Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA). ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd is also a member of the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU). ASA Uganda commenced operations in 2013. ASA Uganda is a subsidiary of ASA International, one of the world’s largest international microfinance institutions globally and operates in 13 countries in Africa and Asia.
The company was listed in the premium segment on the London Stock Exchange in July ’2018.
ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd is seeking for professional, confident, self-motivated, and committed team players to reinforce its capacity by filling the following vacant position:
Job Title : Accounts Manager (1 position)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Summary: The Accounts Manager will ensure that proper Accounts and Records of the company’s Assets, Liabilities, Operations and Transactions are maintained as well as provide financial advisory support to the business through MIS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle Corporation Tax, PAYE, Local Service Tax, Withholding Tax and NSSF.
- Liaise with the respective government departments, submit returns and ensure compliance at all times.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of transactions including treatment of foreign currency transactions.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports to management, head office, lenders and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the optimum utilization of funds.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of accounts.
- Ensure accuracy of transactions at the branches.
- Ensure accuracy of interest expense & other ledgers.
- Liaise with the banks and other lenders.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Preparation of budgets and cash flow projections.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related business field
- Professional qualification in Accounting; must have CPA/ACCA
- At least three years of experience with financial or microfinance institution will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and Local Tax laws
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and accounting applications
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Integrity & trustworthy
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the above requirements can send their applications, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications, contact details for three (03) professional referees and a day-time telephone number, to the address below:
The Head Human Resources & Administration,
ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd,
Plot 228 Buye- Kigowa, Ntinda,
P.O. Box 245, Ntinda
Deadline: 25th November, 2022, at 5:00 pm