Job Title: Deputy Chief Internal Auditor
Organisation: ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd (ASA Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Internal Auditor (CIA).
ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd (ASA Uganda) is a for-profit, non-depository Microfinance Institution, operating as a microfinance company and regulated by the Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA). ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd is also a member of the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU). ASA Uganda commenced operations in 2013. ASA Uganda is a subsidiary of ASA International, one of the world’s largest international microfinance institutions globally and operates in 13 countries in Africa and Asia. The company was listed in the premium segment on the London Stock Exchange in July ’2018.
ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd is seeking for professional, confident, self-motivated, and committed team players to reinforce its capacity by filling the following vacant positions:
Job Summary: The Deputy Chief Internal Auditor will be responsible for providing an independent, objective evaluation of effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes of the Company and to make recommendations for improvement where necessary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing or conducting performance, operational, financial, IT and compliance audit assignments in the organization with emphasis on a risk-based approach designed to assist management in the attainment of the organisational objectives.
- Prepare internal audit plan and submit to the Group Internal Auditor (GIA) through the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Preparation of summary report for all the branches audited in the month.
- Identification of the risk areas & communicate to the GIA through the CIA in the monthly reports.
- Provision of consulting services to the management and staff.
- Assist in the development of the Internal Audit department, including hiring, training and supervision of internal audit department staff.
- S/he maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensures internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with The IIA’s standards.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance, or a Business related course,
- Partial professional qualification of at least level-2 (CPA, ACCA, ACA, CIA) or any recognized relevant professional qualification,
- At least three years of internal audit experience,
- Audit report writing skills and must have an independent mindset.
- Proficiency in MS office applications.
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the above requirements can send their applications, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications, contact details for three (03) professional referees and a day-time telephone number, to the address below:
The Head Human Resources & Administration,
ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd,
Plot 228 Buye- Kigowa, Ntinda,
P.O. Box 245, Ntinda
Please note that hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and aims to attract and select a diverse workforce, ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, class, ethnicity, disability, location, and religion. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 8th September 2022 at 5:00 pm