Job Title: Accounts Officer
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Accounts Officer will be responsible for accurate and timely preparation, processing, reconciliation and reporting on payment transactions against budget in line with compliance and risk perspectives for UGAFODE (MDI) Ltd.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and processing of company payments: As per instructions, swiftly initiates the payment process by preparing payment instructions/vouchers for both internal and external clients, confirms budget and processes payment, also in compliance with UGAFODE process flows & IFRS.
- Maintaining budgetary control: Conducts reviews (daily) and monitors/tracks budget performance and implementation for all payments drawn to or against the institution.
- Reporting: Prepares several reports and reporting standards to enhance an effective and efficient management reporting and such reports may include statutory and non-statutory reports.
- Documentation and filing: Ensures regular update of procedural documentation (procedures manual) in line with changes in operating processes for reporting and retrieval purposes especially regarding company payments.
- Reconciliation: Conducts reconciliation as per plan for all payments and costs against approved budget.
- Funding & investment Proposals: Supports with information through benchmarking and research across the market in the development, analysis and management of funding proposals to support the institution’s growth strategies from time to time
- Compliance: Ensures adherence to UGAFODE internal, external as well as regulatory and best practices in the processing and management of company payments.
- Verification of fixed assets: Conducts regular or as scheduled checks on all company property to ascertain value for money and support effective decision making i.e. related to insurance, depreciation and write-off.
- Liquidity management: Provides support with liquidity advisory and control to management for guaranteeing compliance to liquidity levels against budget and internal cash at hand reserves across branches within UGAFODE (MDI).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of bachelor degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business or Commerce
- At least one year of experience in finance/accounting
- At least enrolled in any financial professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA
- Strong team leader with good communication, negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate, supervise and develop others.
- Problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and Uganda tax legislation, and Financial Institutions Act.
- Good computer literacy with excellent use of MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and experience in use of accounting software and management information skills.
- Knowledge of banking or Microfinance business operations
- High level of integrity
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please submit application letter together with an up to date CV to our email only: firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject Line e.g. “Accounts Officer”. Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource. Closing date for receiving applications is: 03rd January 2023 but they will be viewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 3rd January 2023
Note: Ladies are encouraged to apply