Job Title: Banking Officer (19 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Bombo Road, Ibanda, Ishaka, Jinja, Kagadi, Kyotera, Lira, Lyantonde, Mbale, Mbarara, Mpigi, Nakasero, Nakivale, Nansana, Ntungamo Branch, Rubaga Road, Rukungiri, Rushere and Ssembabule, Uganda
Ref: HR/STAFF/VAC – 31/3/2023/3
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Banking Officer will be responsible for performing customer-centred activities accurately and efficiently as well as taking record of their transactions such as cashing cheques, accepting deposits and withdrawals, receiving loan applications, money transfers as well as answering questions and referrals regarding customer accounts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives cash deposits as per cash handling process flows: receives cash from customer, checks it, counts it against denominations, verifies it in the UV light system, reconfirms deposit and slip details of the customer, stamps it and directly credits it to the customer’s account. Issues customer with acknowledgement receipt.
- Honours customer payment instructions as cash payment process flows: receives cash payment instruction from customer, checks it against date, amount, signature etc. enters payment system and verifies account details including amount, stamps it, posts entry by debiting customers account, counts cash, reconfirms cash to be paid out and pays customer.
- Records customer payment and deposit information: Takes full responsibility for all customer related account instructions (payments and withdraws) posting into system (debiting or crediting), proper recording and batching of all customer generated information in line with set UGAFODE customer information management process flows and procedures.
- Processes money transfers: Processes mobile money, western union, express money and MoneyGram transfer services in compliance with money transfer process flows and procedures.
- Balancing daily cash: conducting day-to-day cash in and cash out of reconciliation both physically and on system to ensure accurate reporting of teller’s work and accountability.
- Reporting: Undertakes daily reporting on all cash receipts and payments due to the teller, accounts in breach of proper KYC and AML standards as well as vault in and vault out to the Branch Operations Supervisor.
- Compliance: Ensure adherence to UGAFODE set standards and controls in operations such as; customer complaint management, account transactions, teller service turnaround time by implementing measures aimed at guaranteeing an effective and efficient process.
- Cross selling: Undertakes selling of UGAFODE service and products to customers within her area of service or as may be approved from time to time so as to attract, retain and effectively manage bank customers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a business-related field e.g. B.com, BBA, B. A. Economics or equivalent
- One year of work experience in the banking environment or Microfinance Business Operations is desired
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of Banking environment & transactions with internal services and product knowledge/cross-selling services
- Customer Service Savvy with Numeracy Skills
- Attention to Detail and Teamwork.
- Multitasking Mastery.
- Knowledge of the full MS Office suite
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit an application letter together with an up-to-date CV to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org Save the Documents as Your Full Name & The Job Title you are applying for, the same title should appear in the Email Subject Line. Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources. Applications will be viewed on a rolling basis.
Note: Ladies are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th April 2023